MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
driver-side box?

PS looking in detail, there might be a glovebox on the drivers-side as well... anyone any guesses?

:confused:

I think it looks very nice though

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Mutts said:
The LA autoshow has given one new insight, the glovebox. Here is a picture.

I'll be on the lookout for better...

:p
MINIAC would be proud of you MUTTS.......

No offence to anyone meant by that remark...... I've had a post removed elsewhere..... someone obviously took offence at my humour!!!

·
MINI2 Sponsor & Moderator
231 Posts
What an improvement! Thats a knee bolster under the steering wheel. For better crash protection results, I think. :cool:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Difficult to tell,
but there are some other things that strike me:

look at the switch-board, doesn't the third from the right seems missing? (front fog-lights for those who are wondering...)
Also, the radio front seems to be different... :confused:
I wonder if this is Harman/Kardon ???

WE NEED CLOSE-UP's !!!

;)

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
It looks rather good but would the leg room be effected:confused:

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Also, look at the door moldings around the speaker housing. Thats deeper than standard isn't it ?.

Might explain why the H/K system is so expensive if new door trims are required.

·
Loves Leecey
4,758 Posts
Mutts said:
Also, the radio front seems to be different... :confused:
I wonder if this is Harman/Kardon ???
That can't be, those are the facia of the normal speaker surroundings, and the H/K is only for the woofer and speakers...

This is the look of the H/K speakers:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OnlyS4me said:

That can't be, those are the facia of the normal speaker surroundings, and the H/K is only for the woofer and speakers...
true, but what about that digital amplifier, that should be included as well and some how should be interfaced...??

·
Loves Leecey
4,758 Posts
I don't see any difference in the radio. It's just the normal Boost single slot CD unit. You are not reffering to the lay-out of the controls of the climate control aren't you, cause that's what the part underneed the radio is: the automatic climate control unit.;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OnlyS4me said:
I don't see any difference in the radio. It's just the normal Boost single slot CD unit. You are not reffering to the lay-out of the controls of the climate control, cause that's what the part underneed the radio is: the automatic climate control unit.;)
DUH!

Thanks, OnlyS, :p :p :p
No kiddin', I just thought it looked a little different, thats all, must be my eye-sight, hi hi.
Must be the quality of the picture that set me off.

Let's hope for some better, close up pictures...

·
Registered
888 Posts
Personally I'm happy NOT having a glovebox in my MINI! The shelf is an original Mini feature and is a nice reminder it, in my opinion!
I also find it very handy for chucking things into/getting things out of - nothing falls out due to a heavy rubber mat and a lip at the front.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
lightbody said:
Personally I'm happy NOT having a glovebox in my MINI! The shelf is an original Mini feature and is a nice reminder it, in my opinion!
I also find it very handy for chucking things into/getting things out of - nothing falls out due to a heavy rubber mat and a lip at the front.
You may be able to order one without the glovebox. Have you spoken to your dealer about this at all ?

At least you get the central speedo. We lose that and gain the glovebox as well. (Do get free foglights on our S's though so thats some consolation)

:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts