MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to fit a new stereo in my mini one. It already has an aftermarket sony cd in it but i want an alpine with an ipod lead.

ive noticed a small round piece of black plastic at the back right of my gloveobx which would be perfect to knock out and place the ipod cable through. am i right in guessing its a hole for the air condtioning(which i have)valve? i have no valve though. what would be behind it? could i get a cable from the headunit to it?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
727 Posts
There is a round valve to the aircon in the back of the glovebox but you will struggle to get it tout.
Behind it is a flexible pipe that leads to the side of the heater and carries the chilled air.
You could use this route for the cable but it would mean that the chilled effect would be gone.
Better would be to use the rectangular bank also in the back of the glovebox.
It is item no. 05 BLIND PLATE, HAND LAMP here :-
RealOEM.COM   BMW R50 One 1.6i GLOVE BOX
You could run the cable through the hole it leaves and keep the chiller function.

Hope this helps, WELCOME TO MINI2!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a round valve to the aircon in the back of the glovebox but you will struggle to get it tout.
Behind it is a flexible pipe that leads to the side of the heater and carries the chilled air.
You could use this route for the cable but it would mean that the chilled effect would be gone.
Better would be to use the rectangular bank also in the back of the glovebox.
It is item no. 05 BLIND PLATE, HAND LAMP here :-

You could run the cable through the hole it leaves and keep the chiller function.

Hope this helps, WELCOME TO MINI2!
thanks for that i think i'll do that instead . what i was trying to say was that this valve is missing! its just a blank piece, it dosent chill. would the pipe still be there? i know it sounds weird but i have air conditioning but dont seem to have this chiller function. was it an option or something?

·
Registered
727 Posts
As far as I know glovebox chiller came with aircon 100%, perhaps your car originally did not have a glovebox and it was retrofitted but the pipe was missed.
The piep is still there if cold air is piped to the glovebox with aircon on cold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts