MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And hey it's even holiday week! Dec 21-26! Woah! I was dreaming of a route through VA dutch country... but i'd just love to see old friends again. Is there some event during that time that is not listed in the forum? I can't imagine hangin at my pop's house while he's at work being THAT fun...

Happy Holidays! At least you'll know we're closer to you than usual this holidaty season!

John

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
GMINI said:
And hey it's even holiday week! Dec 21-26! Woah! I was dreaming of a route through VA dutch country... but i'd just love to see old friends again. Is there some event during that time that is not listed in the forum? I can't imagine hangin at my pop's house while he's at work being THAT fun...

Happy Holidays! At least you'll know we're closer to you than usual this holidaty season!

John
Damn John, I always miss you! Fuzzy and I will be in Las Vegas during your visit. :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
John, I don't think I can make it up to meet you. I would have liked to. If you're going to be in Culpere the one place you have to go is "It's About Thyme" wonderful, quaint little restaurant with the besy food! Or , if you want to motor a little further, I'm in Louisa. I'll send you my address if you want to come. (I don't drive in the dark and it gets dark so early now.) :green:
We'll be leaving the afternoon of the 23rd and won't be back til late Sunday. Headin' to VaB for the holiday. :green:

·
Two MINI Family
428 Posts
If you are going to be anywhere in the Metro DC area - even just on your drive down - I might be able to round up the DC Metro MINI gang to host you for dinner at our favorite Mexican joint in Herndon VA.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am sorry to have missed that. we were there at around 10pm - Had to stop at Tyson Square to fetch some replacements for forgotton items.

Not with in the schedule. Now we WILL be coming through for a late lunch/brunch snday the 26th - if the gang could use something to do the day after xmas... Delaware even later...:)

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yellowmininy connected me with Jimmy from the Owners Lounge. Well, Jimmy met me and JetpackJ9 at the northern entrance to Skyline Drive this afternoon at 4:30. It was somewhat of a shock to find the road closed due to ice. It was a pleasure meeting Jimmy and his well traveled 05 Cooper. He was on his way back to West Virginia after visiting family in Manasas. So we hopped back in our MINIs and spiritedly motored some gnarly farm roads between 340 and the skyline drive. They went to dirt and we kept going, eventually winding up further south on 340. I sure was glad I brought my Dad's maps. The roads were in magnificent condition, even the dirt ones! We hung out for a while at a chevron (remember Chevron?) before going our separate ways, him north, us south. 211 across the mountains was a great ride, never having done it going east before.

Have a great trip back to North Dakota, Jimmy! And may you remain in safe skies.

Thanks for thinking of us, Clare!

·
Two MINI Family
428 Posts
Hi folks. Happy Christmas. I haven't had any takers on lunch tomorrow. Z3Bum and Chris are thinking about taking in the Auto Show in downtown DC and having lunch around 11:45 in the area. I've got to work or I would come out myself.

Give us a little notice next time and we'll give you a proper DCMM hello!

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yup. I missed that last post, Jen. We had a long day ahead all day long into a snowfall tonight. 12 hours in transit including a tangential G-town shopping stop.

Dr. who- the one place at which we happen to have eaten in downtown culpeper.. about tyme. A1 and my dad was amazed we'd sprung the dough. J9 and I just looked at each other puzzledly. The food was GREAT!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Missed ya' in Culpeper

GMINI said:
Yup. I missed that last post, Jen. We had a long day ahead all day long into a snowfall tonight. 12 hours in transit including a tangential G-town shopping stop.

Dr. who- the one place at which we happen to have eaten in downtown culpeper.. about tyme. A1 and my dad was amazed we'd sprung the dough. J9 and I just looked at each other puzzledly. The food was GREAT!
Can't believe I missed this thread -- oh well -- Christmas was very busy for me --though I did make it to the DC Auto Show the day after Christmas (That's Boxing Day of course). GMINI we live in Culpeper and there are quite a few MINI's around - not least of which my son who lives at home and drives a Cooper S (two MINI's available! :D ) Besides that I see you were up on the Blue Ridge on 211. Did you stop at Sunnyside Farms Famous Rest Stop in Sperryville? One of my jobs is as General Manager at that facility. Do I undersatnd from your posts that you have family here? if so we'll be sure to meet up with you next time around.
Regards Philip

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.