MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
Tony has to promise to not lap me more than once :p :D

Could you find out if the member cards from their Portsmouth location are good in Richmond? Thanks

Got this "Now if those who are interested on Oct 30. at the Portsmith track (american indoor Karting) The HR mini club is having a Go-kart event and BBQ starting at 3 pm. which i will be attending as well =)" form your forum.

I'll make that for sure.

Oh! BTW, EB is pretty dam fast too :p

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Sorry Obehave. Membership cards dont work both places. Both are still kept seperate. Also i have checked with Jason and the Meeting room is free that night so we can have a place for all of us to sit. Not really planning on much .. but i might order a couple Pizza and bring them Just for the heck of it.. You think Hawain BBQ it a bit much =)

Oh and yes i will be up there on Oct 30. as well as this Tuesday to check out the Supertrack in Portsmith. Planning to be up there around 1 pm

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Super track was interesting. I know a few spot on where Zero should be turning in now. In that front switch back just before the track 2 start finish line. I started to use the Drift style there and got it to work extremely well. Of course the Proper racing line that is needed works well to but isnt used much cause it goes against how you would naturaly react for the corner.
Avg. in the 42 second bracket for the ST puts me in the number 3 spot for the track. With the short amount your there per turn (9mins). I was just really getting the hang of what needs to be done and the car working properly the race was over. Would i do it again. ":YES" will i be down there around 3pm today even though the event was cancled.. um YES.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Event went well. Had 10 Mini racers and 4 guests. :dark: :silver: :red: :yellow: & PW were repersented. Had no :eb: or HB show :confused: Those that showed stated WE have to do this again. See Obehave if we can get them there once there going to be Hooked for life :D Just like MP and Autocrossing. Who knows i could turn this into a By Annual event let it fall on a sunday around Noonish like maybe the Sunday before the Dragon to get those around here ready for it.. and same around now also on a sunday if its better for the Daytime working people. If we had 6 more people turn out i would have rented the building for an hour and had private races. maybe next time :cool:

Until we meet on the road
Have fun, Be safe and somebody remind me what that pedal in the middle for is again??

·
RedUn's Manicurist ;-þ
16,095 Posts
Mugami said:
Event went well. Had 10 Mini racers and 4 guests. :dark: :silver: :red: :yellow: & PW were repersented. Had no :eb: or HB show :confused: Those that showed stated WE have to do this again. See Obehave if we can get them there once there going to be Hooked for life :D Just like MP and Autocrossing. Who knows i could turn this into a By Annual event let it fall on a sunday around Noonish like maybe the Sunday before the Dragon to get those around here ready for it.. and same around now also on a sunday if its better for the Daytime working people. If we had 6 more people turn out i would have rented the building for an hour and had private races. maybe next time :cool:

Have fun, Be safe and somebody remind me what that pedal in the middle for is again??

ToooooooNNNiii wahaaait did you do karting WITH your MINIS? :eek:

I'm in, can we do this in the winter indoors?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
sorry MP .. Jason.. owner of the track wont let us bring the MINI's in.. ive tried more than once to do so. But yes its an indoor track and can be run Year round. Good practice on keeping those Autox skills up. Or for me i use that place instead of going to the gym.. its a great upper body work out.

·
RedUn's Manicurist ;-þ
16,095 Posts
Mugami said:
sorry MP .. Jason.. owner of the track wont let us bring the MINI's in.. ive tried more than once to do so. But yes its an indoor track and can be run Year round. Good practice on keeping those Autox skills up. Or for me i use that place instead of going to the gym.. its a great upper body work out.

oh doh, you mentioned the colors of the MINIs that showed up, so I thought, guess I was dreaming

yeah j and I are thinking of some indoor karting for that very reason, man it's costly though :eek:

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
Mugami said:

Monday is the worst night for me to try to make it.
Do a weekend even and I'll be there.
Glad it went well.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I understand Obehave. I chose Monday for this particular event simply because it's our Clubs normal Meeting night and was hoping for the good turnout. For the future ill try and make it on Sundays. Only thing for that is . Its normally quite busy on Sundays there. So its going to be hard to make sure we are all going at the same time. With it still being in the 800.00 mark to rent the place for an hour. I would have to insist on prepayments before i rent it so we can have our own private race setup with Team competition and trophies for the winners. Min. number of Pre-registers would have to be atleast 20 drivers. at $30.00 each. After that if we get more ill start refunding people.

As you know Obehave we've been tring to get people to do this for some time. Thats why i have the payment arrangements worked out. BTW ill be up in portsmith Tomorrow for the event there.. Went there last saturday just to see if anyone would show up at the 3pm start time. even though it was cancled.. :( no one showed :(

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
Mugami said:
I understand Obehave. I chose Monday for this particular event simply because it's our Clubs normal Meeting night and was hoping for the good turnout. For the future ill try and make it on Sundays. Only thing for that is . Its normally quite busy on Sundays there. So its going to be hard to make sure we are all going at the same time. With it still being in the 800.00 mark to rent the place for an hour. I would have to insist on prepayments before i rent it so we can have our own private race setup with Team competition and trophies for the winners. Min. number of Pre-registers would have to be atleast 20 drivers. at $30.00 each. After that if we get more ill start refunding people.

As you know Obehave we've been tring to get people to do this for some time. Thats why i have the payment arrangements worked out. BTW ill be up in portsmith Tomorrow for the event there.. Went there last saturday just to see if anyone would show up at the 3pm start time. even though it was cancled.. :( no one showed :(
What time?
I'll try to make it. Wife works tomorrow so I'll see if my daughter wants to go.
My last auto-x of the year is Sunday and I can use all the help I can get :rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
According to BJ from the HRminiclub message board he plans on being there around 4ish with the gathering at 5pm. so i should be there at 4pm

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.