MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's seen the latest Go Mini and the members of MINI2.com and their rolling road test. It just goes to show how cars vary off the production line. Steve Butcher's standard MCS 163bhp, produced 177bhp, I bet he was one happy man!!!! :) Obviously wasn't built on a Friday afternoon.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Vitesse said:
Who's seen the latest Go Mini and the members of MINI2.com and their rolling road test. It just goes to show how cars vary off the production line. Steve Butcher's standard MCS 163bhp, produced 177bhp, I bet he was one happy man!!!! :) Obviously wasn't built on a Friday afternoon.
//

...or on a monday.

(someone posted recently--yesterday?--of 180 bhp.)

kthxbye.

b.

//

·
Slippery When Wet
2,556 Posts
Vitesse said:
... It just goes to show how cars vary off the production line...
My replacement 2003 Cooper is significantly peppier than my original 03 Cooper... I'm still trying to figure out why :confused:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Paul Mullett said:
"Our" MINI One was over 100 bhp, standard, at the first MINI2 dyno day.

:)

Not dyno'd my S as I've been told by various sources it's not too healthy to do so.
Why is not good to dyno MCS?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
holder said:
Why is not good to dyno MCS?
The only possible reason I can think of, is something to do with airflow for the super charger and the fact that the car is obviously stationary when being dyno'd?????

·
Registered
74 Posts
i was under the impression that dynos them selves can varie, and are only really any good for comparing 2 cars on the same day, ie. in the same conditions. (air temp, pressure, humidity etc.)

·
MCS Owner-to-be
37 Posts
I've heard you should never stick an MCS on a rolling road. Siimple reason given was that you won't get sufficient cold air in and permanent damage could be done.

In fact have found where I read it and attach the link to the BBR website below, the warning is in the penultimate paragraph and makes scary reading!

http://www.bbrgti.com/brodie_report.php

·
M5 Extraordinare!
6,796 Posts
177 and 180 HP?!?!! DANG!!!!!!! Ok mine was obviously build on a Friday... I dont thikn its as fast as other MINIs... :(

·
Registered
160 Posts
Bartacus said:
I've heard you should never stick an MCS on a rolling road. Siimple reason given was that you won't get sufficient cold air in and permanent damage could be done.

In fact have found where I read it and attach the link to the BBR website below, the warning is in the penultimate paragraph and makes scary reading!

http://www.bbrgti.com/brodie_report.php
Don't think I'll be taking mine on another one of those then!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts