MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Proud New Owner!
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ack!! I'm so excited!!! I'm waiting for my father to return so that he can drive me to the dealership to pick up my new MCS!! What is taking him so long?!?

·
POP..POPPOP..POP
1,918 Posts
weezgrrl said:
Ack!! I'm so excited!!! I'm waiting for my father to return so that he can drive me to the dealership to pick up my new MCS!! What is taking him so long?!?
Didn't he tell you????????

He's gone to pick it up for you :p :D

I'm sure he'll be back soon to get you, enjoy your new MINI :)

·
OCD MINI Owner
33 Posts
I know he'll be home soon- and so will your MINI!

Enjoy this evening. I remember every second of the day I picked up my Cooper. I can't believe it's almost a year. It was made this week a year ago and I picked it up on January 2nd.

Congrats! :indi:

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
Congrats, have fun and drive safe :D :D

Some pics when you get back please! :p

·
Proud New Owner!
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet Jesus!

I cannot stop smiling. I always thought people were kidding about the non-stop grinning thing - but it's for real! My MINI is awesome. I am officially in love. After returning home from the dealer, I loaded up the little brother and went on a brief joyride. I cannot WAIT to drive this thing during the day! If it's HALF as fun as night-time driving (oh my GOD this thing looks sweet at night!!), I'm in for a really, really, really good time!

Very first impressions:

-The H/K system is SWEET! My MP3 cd worked like a charm and sounds FANTASTIC!
-The stick shift is a little notchy in 3rd & 4th gears, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
-There's a weird burning smell when I go around back after a drive. I can only assume that this is the smell of new oil or the exhaust system or whatever? This will go away, I presume?
-The dealer forgot to remove the bonnet stripes, but I'm torn - do I wanna keep them? I guess I'll give it a week or two before I tell them to rip them off for good.
-It is very difficult keeping the MINI below 4500 rpm. VERY, VERY DIFFICULT!

So that's it. No more pics yet - but soon!! EEEEeeeeeeeeeeee! :D

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the sickness officially! Hahaha! :p :D

Yep, I had the same thing with that grin. On a windy road on the way home after pick-up, it started really slowly, but uncontrollably, and just widened and widened and widened until I could fight it no longer and I had a huge, ear-to-ear grin on my face. Bizarre. I thought that was only a cliche too. :)

·
MINI no more
129 Posts
weezgrrl said:
-The H/K system is SWEET! My MP3 cd worked like a charm and sounds FANTASTIC!

-There's a weird burning smell when I go around back after a drive. I can only assume that this is the smell of new oil or the exhaust system or whatever? This will go away, I presume?

-The dealer forgot to remove the bonnet stripes, but I'm torn - do I wanna keep them? I guess I'll give it a week or two before I tell them to rip them off for good.
Congrats! HK plays mp3s now? That weird buring smell is the shipping wax burning off that they spray on the car before they are put on the boat to prevent corrosion. If you look under the car and there is what looks like yellowish milky stuff under the car, that is just the wax, nothing to worry about. It should go away soon. Also, keep the bonnet stripes! and get pics asap!

·
All 4 wheels pointed down
656 Posts
That is too COOL!

Congrats! Welcome to the sickness and watch out for those other idiots on 4-wheels while driving! I still get some of that burning smell when I drive my MCS hard! Great stuff!

Post more pics when you get the chance, not that you will have a lot of time since you will be out motoring! ;)

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
Congrats, sounds like youre having fun :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts