• No

Votes: 36 76.6%
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
my ponies have escaped!!!
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right im a bit pithed with this now

just got the latest edition of GoMini (part of my subscription) and OMG they covered the Mini In The Park this year.

Woooohhhooooo you might say but have they forgotten that other thing we did not so long ago erm begins with C i think oh yes that it COTSWOLDS!!! :mad:

So Vote here anonymously

There is some good stuff reviews etc

But vote according to - do they come or show interest in any Mini2 meets anymore!!!

Motorshow NEC
Cotswolds

....two biggies this year and squat coverage :eek: :rolleyes:

·
AWOL
14,247 Posts
scooby212 said:
Right im a bit pithed with this now

just got the latest edition of GoMini (part of my subscription) and OMG they covered the Mini In The Park this year.

Woooohhhooooo you might say but have they forgotten that other thing we did not so long ago erm begins with C i think oh yes that it COTSWOLDS!!! :mad:

So Vote here anonymously

There is some good stuff reviews etc

But vote according to - do they come or show interest in any Mini2 meets anymore!!!

Motorshow NEC
Cotswolds

....two biggies this year and squat coverage :eek: :rolleyes:
I subscribed originally but havent renewed it.... I've not heard of them attending any mini runs i've been on....

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
Go MINI did attend the Cotswolds Run, photographer and interviewer. I'm not sure when they plan to run the story - maybe it will be a winter warmer for us. As for the Motor Show - it was a one off convoy of a few miles so i'm not surprised they didn't cover that off TBH, though it did grow so big it would have provided some great pics.

It would be nice if they would let us know when the Cotswolds will be covered ................

Personally - I think the magazine is better now that when it first came out.

·
Official MINI2 Fluffer
5,261 Posts
Personally I think that GoMini is a bit lame. Granted it's a mag in it's infancy but it seems to lack any decent editorial. All they seem to do is feature MINIs from around the world. It would be nice for them to come up with something original.

And given that M2 is such a prolific site, you'd think that the events would be given more coverage. They seem to focus more on classic Mini events where MINIs attend.

And I think people with problems would be better off researching the M2 forums than writing to them for help.

I don't buy GoMini any more - I just read it for free in Smiths. :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Mag's getting better but agree, run/event coverage seems a bit lame 2 months later - a problem of being a bi-monthly mag .... as for attendance, guess it's down to that fine line btwn M2 bieng a 'social' community thing and GoMINI as a commercial publication; sure, it's nice 2 c ure car in a mag but we'll have done our own pics and articles here anyway - u can't beat the net for info, mags are just easier to show ya gran :{}

DID anyone else who subscribes GET -2- copies this month in the post?

·
Registered
600 Posts
These magazines are rarely written by enthusiastic people. I bet a lot of the staff write for all the other mags they produce aswell.

·
Maxin' and Relaxin'
423 Posts
well i subscribed over 3 months ago and still havnt recieved a single issue. they just keep telling me i'll recieve the next issue on time. if it aint here by the end of the week i think i'll ask for a refund :mad:

·
Lovin my iPod
1,935 Posts
Hi all,
gomini does cover large MINI2 events, I should know I write for them. I'd suggest you check out the latest issue, which covers a MINI2 rolling road event. The Cotswolds report has been written, and I've been assured will be used in a future issue.
You cannot please all of the people all of the time, I think gomini is still a good read whether you buy it or not is your decision.
G :ibblack:

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
dietcokeplease said:
Personally I think that GoMini is a bit lame.
Well let’s face it there's not much it can tell us that we don't already know. So apart from the novelty factor of seeing fellow Mini2'ers in the mag it's not that interesting.

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Paul Mullett said:
Does it make the £10 Privilege Membership seem even better value? www.mini2.com/privilege
When compared to the cover price you might pay for a magazine over a year?

Just wondering like.

;)

Sales pitch over. ;)
Cough*Cough*must get round to joining*Cough*Cough*

;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Its getting better but I think gomini is a little poncey they sometimes feature practicly standard cars ''yeh I got my airfreshner from Halfords it took about 2 mins to fit'' but the car is relatively new so more and more features will pop up I'm sure.

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
I think its difficult to get a huge amount of different MINIs for the magazine,the MINI is only three years old so a lot of people are still in 'warranty land' and don't want to do too much to jeopadise(spelling?) this.Once a couple of years have passed i'm sure there'll be a whole lot more mentally modified MINIs to feature and perhaps that will keep the more discerning reader happy.I notice from reading the classic mini magazines that stories of events or runs don't find their way into the magazines for a month or two.I always look forward to picking up my copies of Gomini and miniworld and mini magazine,love them all in equal amounts,just glad there aren't currently anymore mini related mags cos it costs a small fortune.

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
zyo said:
I think its difficult to get a huge amount of different MINIs for the magazine,the MINI is only three years old so a lot of people are still in 'warranty land' and don't want to do too much to jeopadise(spelling?) this.
They only have to fill 6 editions a year, and just look around here, so many modded MINIs, and there's more out there still... shouldn't be that hard I don't think.

To be honest though, "feature cars" are often more about the story, and the exterior styling for photos, than they are about the number of, or extremity of, the mods done to the car.

·
JCW time
18,905 Posts
I only ever bought the first issue of Go MINI. I occasionally have a peak at Soggy's copy, but I wouldn't rush out to buy it. :(

1 - 20 of 56 Posts