MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many months of deliberating, fence sitting and numerous posts for advice, brochure scanning, dealer visits and hours of number crunching...
I have placed an order !!!
So far I have specified an April delivery but may move this forward or back depending on circumstances. Forward I hope !
For now I have gone for Black with white roof and white wheels. Chili pack with red interior, asc+t and tlc. I have not specced an audio system as may install my own depending on difficulty...answers please to my request in the audio boards.
Yeah, I know it was gonna be yellow, but hey it might be ! Just a few months to change my mind !!
So thanks to all those who advised to go and do it ! It feels great !

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jakz and Martyn,
It has taken a while but I am ecstatic about it ! I have seen a yellow/black and a black/white Cooper today and think I will stick with black....for now....
Besides yellow with red interior..blurgh !
Look forward to seeing you guys at some shows in the new year...

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
Yellow 'S' with white roof, black grill, white wheels. What's wrong with that? Looks smart, is quite unique, and is very safe.

:cool:

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice combo...Eltel,
I'm still tempted by yellow, but quite fancy the red interior which would look pants in a yellow car ! So black it is for now....Even though it's the hardest to keep clean..thoughts and experiences of black and yellow cars anyone please ?

Black Cooper on order..subject to change !

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just thought I'd add a new message to get this thread noticed !! Not everyday I buy a new car so I want everyone to know about it !!
All thoughts and comments and I mean ALL ! are welcome..!

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dckfan
Interesting choice !
I have done quite a lot more thinking...
My first choice made a while ago was yellow with white roof and 17" alloys..and just pepper ....
Now that I have seen a few black Coopers they look OK clean and mean dirty ! whilst yellow is just downright cheeky !
Any more thoughts anyone ?!

·
Registered
632 Posts
darned cheek . . .

smartbomb said:
. . . . My first choice made a while ago was yellow with white roof and 17" alloys..and just pepper ....
Now that I have seen a few black Coopers they look OK clean and mean dirty ! whilst yellow is just downright cheeky !
Any more thoughts anyone ?!
Cheeky is good smartbomb.

MINI is cheeky!

I mean - do you really want a MINI that`s gonna look dirty 95.5% of the time, or . . .

. . . or do you want a MINI that`s gonna look cheeky ALL of the time?

The choice is yours . . . but !

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheeky ! yeah good call Jakz thanks !
There are 2 black/white Coopers in my village already ! I keep ogling the official pic of the yellow Cooper with the 17"s on it....way too schmoove ! I may drop the chili in favour of pepper and those 17s....
Maybe some new colours next year..???
So for now it's yellow, white and THOSE wheels ! and awaiting feedback on what to do audio-wise....!
Just bear with me....this is why I paid my deposit as now I HAVE to decide !

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Smartbomb if its a cheeky yellow/white cooper your after L&C at TunbridgeWells has one for immediate delivery I do believe if thats an interest to you,but I dont know what the spec is.

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers Dinger,
Still need to 'call in my debts' as it were before I have the full funds...! So I'm happy to wait 'til the pockets are swelling (ooerr) and can pay in full.
Thanks for the info tho'..appreciated...
Still tempted with black, although yellow with chili or pepper and 17s is most likely !
Gonna cal at my dealer in a couple of weeks, blue with 17s due ..! will let you know the SB verdict !

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just to add...
That after a visit to the dealer and seeing an Indi blue Cooper with white roof and silver 17s I have totally changed my mind and settled on a spec. It just looked amazing ! So after months of deliberation, It took all of 30 secs to make my mind up ! Roll on April and those hoards of folk itching to buy my old mini !

·
Registered
546 Posts
Great colour

Saw an Indi Blue One this morning - it's a great colour - very classy and it suits the car.

Congratulations on finally (?) making your decision.

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ricardo,
I'm sure that's it ! My dealer is calling me to nail it once and for all ! I was convinced on yellow, but the Indi blue looks superb, sits well with the chrome and the white roof and silver wheels. I was reluctant to spec a car I hadn't seen,I have seen a couple of blue Coopers, but with the 17s, it looks a beast ! They give it a real sense of purpose ! It's either the 17s or the cd changer and boost, as I have a changer already I will have to put that in. I'd rather have factory fit audio, but I'd rather, rather have the 17s !

·
Registered
59 Posts
SB - Knew you didn't have the bottle to join the mellow yellow crew, and mmmmmmm those 17"s are tasty !

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
gago,
You're right ! I saw a couple of yellow on Sunday, and after seeing the blue I succumbed. Blue was high on my list, but comparing the yellow against the blue, I felt that blue was more my colour ! The yellow is a fun colour, but I'm just not 100% ! As for the 17s they make such a difference ! On the blue Cooper I saw, they looked fantastic and I decided there and then that's what it had to be !

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
You'll have to do weekly reports on 'living with a Black MINI' :D :D :D :D :D

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Smiffy,
Not a bad idea ! It is definitley blue, that's the final word !
If I have half as much weirdness and moments in the MINI as I have done in my mini there'll be plenty to tell !
Just have to shift my old Cooper..any takers ?

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Almost there now !
Car was due yesterday (Tues) but has failed to show due to a problem somewhere ! So weekend pick up out of the window.
Will hear form dealer tomorrow for more info on when it's likely to arrive, better be soon !
Been on order since December and the day it's due it goes AWOL....typical....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts