MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for all the help with 'Should I or Shouldnt I?'

By the time I made my mind up the Black & the Dark Silver Clubman S had both been sold not suprised because of the price of them!

But all was not lost found a Lightning Blue Clubman only 6 wks old for £15000 :D

Spec:
Lightning Blue / Lightning Blue Clubman S
Chilli Pack
Chrome Int
Chrome Ext
MFSW
Piano Black Trim

So I swapped from this to this and love it :D still managing to get 41 mpg !

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks great - don't see too many in that colour combo. Any mod plans?
Mods? Can't decide maybe a Chrome Bonnet Vent or Viper Stripes although the last 2 minis ive had the bonnet stripes started to come away at the corners so might give the stripes a miss this time :confused:

I did try to bid on a set of JCW Challenge wheels on ebay at weekend but was'nt very happy when my computer crashed 2 mins from end of the auction. :mad:Then more anoyed when i rebooted it and found out they sold for £670.00 (brand new taken from a new JCW that had been replaced with 18" Wheels a mini dealer was selling them ) wonder if it was anyone on here got the bargain of the year ?

Will keep my eye out for another bargain like this !!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Think a chrome bonnet scoop would suit your car very nicely - we have one on our dark silver MCS and it matches our chrome mirrors well whilst offering contrast to the rest of the bonnet at the same time.

Didn't know that the stripes peel - bit worried now as I've specified them on my new Clubbie :(

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
Cracking car, KatyB! I have not seen very many blue Clubbies round these parts - had no idea it could look so good! Now, still have to convince the missus that she should downsize from a Scenic.........(can't be me, I'm still in the queue for an R57...)

Enjoy!

Ian

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Think a chrome bonnet scoop would suit your car very nicely - we have one on our dark silver MCS and it matches our chrome mirrors well whilst offering contrast to the rest of the bonnet at the same time.

Didn't know that the stripes peel - bit worried now as I've specified them on my new Clubbie :(
Dont worry Ive also had lots of stripes that have been fine, Ive found that the factory order ones seem better than dealer fit but I suppose that depends on whos fitting them !

As I said I had problems with my last two sets of stripes the first set I cut the corners that had liffted with a razor blade :eek:

The second set were only 2 months old when they started to come away at the corners so I took it back to the dealer that fitted them expecting them to fix it, but I was told to put clear laquer over the corners of the stripes to hold them down :( I did this! it worked until you looked closley and I could see the blobs wasnt happy. Only weeks later decided to swap to my new Clubman S :D

Im going to stay well away from stripes although I do like them

Maybe I will find someone to fit the properly in the future and I can reconsider !

·
Mr Big Stuff
3,475 Posts
Mods? Can't decide maybe a Chrome Bonnet Vent or Viper Stripes although the last 2 minis ive had the bonnet stripes started to come away at the corners so might give the stripes a miss this time :confused:

I did try to bid on a set of JCW Challenge wheels on ebay at weekend but was'nt very happy when my computer crashed 2 mins from end of the auction. :mad:Then more anoyed when i rebooted it and found out they sold for £670.00 (brand new taken from a new JCW that had been replaced with 18" Wheels a mini dealer was selling them ) wonder if it was anyone on here got the bargain of the year ?

Will keep my eye out for another bargain like this !!!
Theres a clubman thread about wheels that look good here .

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3246/2694075634_10565fd9b9.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts