MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the plunge, got my wife (for wife read me !) the coop on Thursday. Initial impressions very favourable - highly stylised, well thought out little car. Handles nicely great brakes, good steering - took it for a bit of a 'B' road blast on one of my favourite roads tonight on my own and I've got to say I enjoyed it more than I do in my corrado VR6. It's definitely not got a huge amount of grunt but the handling pretty much makes up for that (and I'm sticking below about 4500 rpm just now so probably not seeing the best of the engine).

Can't find fault with it yet, no blemishes or quality niggles that I can find - and I've had a damn good look !

The only bummer is the size of the boot and back legroom - but we can't complain about that, we knew the size before buying it !

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Goodonya!

ANOTHER satisfied customer!:)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Excellent!

God to know that another Corrado VR6 owner has taken the plunge!!

I guess the hardest thing will be to leave it when you go back to the rig!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At least then the missus will get to drive 'her' car again !
I think she had better get used to driving the Corrado for the other 6 months of the year though !

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Good work !!

gonnabuyone? said:
Took the plunge, got my wife (for wife read me !) the coop on Thursday. Initial impressions very favourable - highly stylised, well thought out little car. Handles nicely great brakes, good steering - took it for a bit of a 'B' road blast on one of my favourite roads tonight on my own and I've got to say I enjoyed it more than I do in my corrado VR6. It's definitely not got a huge amount of grunt but the handling pretty much makes up for that (and I'm sticking below about 4500 rpm just now so probably not seeing the best of the engine).

Can't find fault with it yet, no blemishes or quality niggles that I can find - and I've had a damn good look !

The only bummer is the size of the boot and back legroom - but we can't complain about that, we knew the size before buying it !
Excellent, excellent.....congratulations on your MINI, AND your positive feedback.

:)

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
Congratulations, your choice of colour is perfect.

Is there any chance of a photo, preferably 24/36.

Can you compare the Liquid Yellow to any other yellow on the market. Considering I'm in Australia your local range of autos may be a bit exotic for us, but any comment would be appreciated.

Have friends/family commented positively/negatively about colour combination compared to other MINIs that they may have seen?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I'll get round to taking a couple of photos of our one over the next couple of days (going to have to clean it first !) Fully recommend the 17" s spokes in white in conjunction with the liquid yellow/white roof combo - wasn't so sure to start with but decided they look the part now.

Just noticed your question Eitel - friends and family just laugh at it and slag me off for selling the family car and buying something as comprimised in a practical sense as the Mini Cooper, but who cares? I'll punt my Corrado later in the year and get something with 4 doors then ! They all seem to like the colour though

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
gonnabuyone ?
Great choice ! Your combo is high on my list ! I MUST see pics of your car PLEASE !!!! I have ordered but still can't decide ! The pics in the official gallery of yellow with the 17s look too enhanced ! Would love to see some untouched pics !
At the mo it looks like Yellow/white with chili and white wheels...althoguh may opt for the 17s....!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok Pix coming up in the next hour or so !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts