MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Astronaut
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeremy Clarkson selected the MINI Cooper as No 1 in a list of "trendsetters" in his "Good car bad car" section of the Sunday Times.
The MINI beat:
Toyota RAV4
Chrysler PT Cruiser
Smart Passion
The VW Beetle was classified as "No way!"... :D
The main pictures shows a red & white 7 hole 15" white alloy MINI Cooper (just like mine, may I add :)).
I couldn't help but notice that the gap between the bonnet and the top of the bumper is over 1/2" on the driver’s side and "normal" on the passenger side... Hmmm - pre production model...???
The car reg is PCU 496, providing is the real one...

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
Hubby was so pleased with what JC wrote in the Sunday Times that he took great pleasure in reading it to me over the phone. :(

What is worst than driving a trendsetter car? Being a man and sits on the passanger side of a trendsetter car while being driven by a woman!!! ;)

6 more days to go :D :D :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm not sure how I feel about driving the No1 trendsetter car :confused: (mine's red and white too)

Also not sure about it being a possibility for an ideal footballer's wife car as suggested on the last page:confused:

and... does being as cool as a penguin's shoes sound good?:confused:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Red Cooper said:
Jeremy Clarkson selected the MINI Cooper as No 1 in a list of "trendsetters" in his "Good car bad car" section of the Sunday Times.
The MINI beat:
Toyota RAV4
Chrysler PT Cruiser
Smart Passion
The VW Beetle was classified as "No way!"... :D
The main pictures shows a red & white 7 hole 15" white alloy MINI Cooper (just like mine, may I add :)).
I couldn't help but notice that the gap between the bonnet and the top of the bumper is over 1/2" on the driver’s side and "normal" on the passenger side... Hmmm - pre production model...???
The car reg is PCU 496, providing is the real one...
Yes but did you notice how he mixed up the Cooper and Cooper S in the headings(S), pictures(Cooper), performance figures(0-60 in 7.5S + 163BHP:S), and insurance group(8:Cooper)? giving a slightly false perspective to the unconverted. Come on Jeremy get it right next time!

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
J.C. also said that MINI was a good car despite its early problems. But he felt sure, being BMW owned, the problems would soon be sorted.

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
I dont care what Clarkson thinks to be honest.

He LOVED the new Beetle, I remember watching him drive one (a left hand drive model) I think in the USA, singing it's praises, saying he would be first to get one etc. etc...

Now I've heard him slag it of several times.

He also predicted the MINI would be another New Beetle and be a 'trendy car' that only lasts five minutes.

The man talks out of his... erm.. well, you fill in the gap!

·
Astronaut
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Indeed, you're right Paul - I remember that programme...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts