MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
GS Red Cooper S
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was picking up my new Cooper today but........

Bad news, they found a problem with the PDI, the front window wipers are going floppy, they have ordered the new parts but it will be up to a week for them to come in.

I sold my Ford SportKa SE about two weeks back and having no car is no fun at all. I can understand why people don't leave there cars and take public transport, 10 minute journeys take over an hour on the bus.

Anyway the good news

They have gave me a hire car while its being fix and whilst at the dealers I went out the back and looked at the my Mini Cooper, it looks so good but I can't have it yet! :(

·
Back in a first gen.
1,386 Posts
Bummer!!! But a week won't take very long to fly by!! :) :D

I know how you feel, my estimated delivery date was 15th October, but I have had to wait until this Saturday before I could have it. My MINI One went into Rydale on Tuesday to have the aero-kit swapped over but I have a courtesey car to drive about in. It's very nice - a 54reg Cooper red with a UJ roof - very snazzy :D

Can't wait until Saturday though - only 2 days left.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yes, that IS maddening, but the week will go by in a flash. Soon you'll be motoring and that wait will be a far distant memory.

I know...I've had to part with my MINI many times over the past two years (mostly body shop repairs...once for two months!!!) and each time makes me crazy.

·
GS Red Cooper S
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The hire car they have giving me is a new shape Vauxhall Astra, looks nice from the out side but the interior is very bland, it has a very notchy gearbox too and is a bit soft on the drive.

I have waited for three months for the Mini Cooper so I guest another week is not too bad, what should I ask for for compensation?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I went and saw my Cooper yesterday after it arrived in the morning, it looked stunning. Didn't see anything wrong with it, but i do remember thinking the front bumper wasn't that flush but coming from a Renault it's the norm so i didn't give it a second thought..

I've made the hard decision of waiting till Jan to register it as i want a 2005 spec car to be a 2005 car..it will be a long wait. I know what you mean about public transport, it has stopped me from selling my Clio but really i need to sell it ASAP i don't know how i'm paying for the Mini yet, lol!

-Rob

·
GS Red Cooper S
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good news and Very Bad News

I finally picked up the Mini on Thursday's after work and I love it, drives very good and feels like a big car.

I just love the way the dash lights up, it just makes me smile every time.

BUT

Yesterday (Friday about 19:10) I went down to my car to go for a spin and the driver window had been smashed :mad:

Nothing was taken (there was nothing in the car to take), the window had a 6inch hole in it so who ever smashed it did not even do a 'smash and grab', another car on the estate had his window smashed Thursday night, does this mean it will happen again after I have the new glass installed. I am not a happy bunny.

RAC Auto Windscreens have a window in stock but its in Birmingham (I'm in Kent) so they will not get it until Monday morning.

Because of the frameless windows I could not tape up the hole (they could have put a perspex one but it would make the driver door out of action), the RAC have put it in one of there units so I now have no car until Monday.

This has made my mind up about fitting the SupaGlass from Pentagon which makes it a bit harder to break and even if it is smashed I can still drive it and there will be no glass everwhere (and believe me there is glass even on the back seat!!).

Poor Mini, I'm missing him already :(

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
GameStone said:
I finally picked up the Mini on Thursday's after work and I love it, drives very good and feels like a big car.

I just love the way the dash lights up, it just makes me smile every time.

BUT

Yesterday (Friday about 19:10) I went down to my car to go for a spin and the driver window had been smashed :mad:

This has made my mind up about fitting the SupaGlass from Pentagon which makes it a bit harder to break and even if it is smashed I can still drive it and there will be no glass everwhere (and believe me there is glass even on the back seat!!).

Poor Mini, I'm missing him already :(
Thats a shame to hear about your Window even after the Problem you had with the PDI. :(
Supaglass will certainly help more than not having anything. Hope you get it all sorted soon and you can go out enjoying her again :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts