MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in buying a new MINI? Fed up with uninterested, patronising dealers who think you owe them a living? Surprised at being told there's a 2 or 3 months waiting list?

Speak to Paul McConville at Milcars, Borehamwood - direct number 0208 731 4283. Paul has a genuine enthusiasm for the car and I found him to be friendly and efficient. He also talked me out of some options that I was going to spec.

This was the second dealer I ordered through and I got my car almost three months quicker than through my original local dealership.

I have had no experience of Milcars on the servicing/warranty side, but can't fault them on their sales service.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ricardo,

Can you get Paul to transfer to a Southern California dealership? C'mon - we've got great weather, beaches, girls
golf...did I mention girls?

I'm curious as to what options he talked you out of Ricardo?
Surely it wasn't the NAV system -you seem much to bright for that.

Dave

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ditched option ...and Sat Nav

I'm sure Paul would be keen on the transfer to sunny California - perhaps BMW should set up an exchange system? Not sure there'd be too many travelling in the other direction though.

Sat Nav's not for me and I don't think it suits the MINI's character - plus it ruins the look of the dash. I have "Rick Nav." This involves the occasional use of a map but I prefer the usual male thing of driving around looking for landmarks for hours on end whilst refusing to a) accept that I'm lost and b) ask anyone for directions!!!

The option I was talked out of was the On-board Computer. I'm glad that I didn't get it too. The one on my Saab just depresses me when I see the mpg figures. We have to pay for our fuel in Europe!!

Without a consumption read out I can keep my foot down a bit more.

·
MINI2 Master (Oh Wow!)
595 Posts
MINI Borehamwood

:) :D :) Well done to Mini in Borehamwood,

I'd like to thank Paul McConville, top man, top salesman, and to top it all off he's an Arsenal fan! Anyone thinking of getting a Mini, get it from Paul, he really knows what he's talking about. Always wanting to help, and a really nice bloke!!!

10 out of 10 to everyone there, not forgetting Bob, Darren and Carol...:p

Chow-4-Now...
;) :cool: :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Paul ought to get a raise!

I purchased a BRG Cooper with white 17" wheels, White roof/mirrors, climate etc from Paul at the beginning of October. At this time there was a definite 3 month waiting list and it was uncertain whether I would receive the car before the new year.

Paul however, kept me fully informed on the status of my car and always responded quickly to any questions I had.

Of course his job was to make a sale, but he is proof that salesmen don't have to treat customers as a target, the sole purpose of which was to sign on the dotted line and then ignore.

He called me on the 14th of December and said that he would do everything he could to make sure my car was ready for me to pick up before Christmas....

I got the car on the 21st December and I haven't had a SINGLE problem with it.

I want more now though, so today I popped into Borehamwood and put a deposit down on a Cooper S...

No bloody financial sense at all, my wife thinks I'm crazy (although she loves the Mini, keeps stealing it ;), but hey it's only money!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Big Up To The Milcars Massive

Milcars I have got to say a big THANK YOU.. you have been top dollar the whole way... even to the extent that you r replacing my car for me...

Paul is the man and should get an award or something... I tell anybody getting a MINI to go and see him...

Also shouts to the Temple Fortune Milcars massive!!!

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
Just want to add that I use Milcars Ruislip and get an absolutely fantastic service there too. Well done Milcars! :D

I actually work next door to BMW Heathrow and they just weren't interested in my business :mad: Obviously they had already made their sales target for the month!

Oh yeah almost forgot, I'm #1 on the S list, kinda surprised as I put my deposit down only last month!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not my experience of Milcars!

I think Milcars in NW London are the worst dealers because?

1) Paid £250 deposit, failed to invite me to launch of Mini.

2) Took 5 Months and 4 seperate visits to successfully fit a spare wheel and then tried to charge £185 instead of £35. They said it was a dealer fit option, when I had asked for it in my order for the car. Sales and Service basically accused me of lying. Had to speak to manager to get situation sorted.

3) Damaged my car during repair of leak, and then failed to pay extra insurance premium for curtesy car they supplied.

4) Always keep car longer than predicted for repair + Never have parts + Don't return most calls (Until they damaged my car while in for repair).

5) After all this, this is how Milcars put back the A pillar trim on my Mini after it was repaired for having a stress fracture in the windcreen. It had to be re-done the next day, and fortunately was corrected. If picture not shown apologies. They left a big gap!

Attachments

·
Lord of The Four Rings
11,003 Posts
isn't it amazing how we have differing views of our dealers? Milcars Ruislip is only 5 minutes from me and after a bad experience with my company car 3 years ago I decided not to give them my business. I went to Sytner in Gerrards Cross (about 10 miles)and bought 2 BMW's from them in short succession.

When I decided to change again to another BMW I thought I'd give Milcars another chance and happened to go into Milcars Ruislip at about 2.45pm on a Sunday afternoon. The salesman was more interested in thrusting a couple of brochures into my hand and getting me out the door as it was so close to 'closing time'.

Shortly afterwards I went back to Sytner in GX and placed an order with them. Since then I have bought 2 further cars from them (MINI being the latest).

Consequently I also use them for servicing even though Milcars Ruislip is virtually on my doorstep. There is also a big difference in the overall way their dealerships are run. IMHO Sytner GX is far more professional both on the phone and also in the quality of the reception area and the way they treat you.
But I'm sure there are people out there who have had bad experiences with Sytner GX as well!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I agree with everything you say shamster.

I got my current car from them and it had to go back to them at least once a week for 11 months, they never returned phone calls and sometimes didn't even do the work it went in for. I asked them for copies of the reports of work done and never got them unless I wend there and waited while they photocopied them. (Oh and they wouldn't pay for the courtesy car insurance either)

After the 2nd month, the only person I spoke to there was Darren the smarmy Dealer Principle, who couldn't have cared less about my problems. He wouldn't even consider changing the car.

I took my car to Sytner GX for servicing and got excellent service so I orderd my MCS there, until the sales person p*ssed me off, so I cancelled and ordered it somewhere else. But the service dept. are great!

Now all I need to do is wait 'till 1st March, then I can take my MCS to be serviced by them! :indi:

So in summary:

Milcars - :( :rolleyes: :mad: :confused: :mad:
Sytner - :)

·
Mink
25 Posts
Hi

My problem:-

Salepersons at 'Stevenage' ok?
They do all they can to make you happy, relaxed, welcome -

BUT:- AFTERSALES AND SERVICE IS S***!

They forgot this, they forgot that, my lights won't work,
Oop's sorry we forgot to program your Air-con!, Oh I've never seen that before, etc - etc!
WHAT THE F*** is going on!

six months and still waiting for new (over-night) replacement of steering!

So I look to you guys for insight, but now I am not sure who to buy my MCS from?

OK, I am only going to spend £17500, but that should account for something, right?

Not very happy.......

So now I will post a new thread, Sorry if this has done before!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm getting my MCS from Stephen James in Enfield on the 1st March :D. Seeing as Park West in Chiswich stitched me up a treat after I praised them in public, I'm not goning to say anything yet, but once I get it i'll let you know how I got on.

But in my experiece with BMW, don'y have high expectations. Don't expect nice friendly people, keep the relationship as professional as possible and get everything in writing.

Or to put it another way, when MINI have to actually start selling their cars, expect a lot of the sales people to be looking for new jobs....

Not that i'm bitter with BMW dealerships for treating be very badly when i've spent tens of thousands of pounds with them or anything... :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts