MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Always on Overboost
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just sold my 03 Cooper and thought I would do a quick write up of the good times we had…

Picked her up in November 2006 with 29,500 miles on, and quickly made a few small mods by getting the spotlights fitted, changing the side indicator lenses, getting rid of the fried egg indicators and fitting LED sidelights.

Also found out that the car was previously owned by another MINI2’er – MINI Poser :cool:

Had no mechanical problems at all and just had a few services, oil changes, 6 new tyres, windscreen wipers, pollen filter covers replaced, one windscreen, 4 brake pads, rear discs and lots of petrol. :eek:

Had no problems with the gearbox at all – surprising as it went to the Nurburgring 2 times and has been on many MINI runs and long trips round Europe to Le Mans and other places.

Did regret not getting an R53 MCS at the time with the supercharger whine, but thinking it was a good decision in the end as the fuel bill would have been far too much for those miles and had fun working the car harder to keep up with S’s :D

Sadly BritMINI was traded in on Monday with 62,800 miles, 33,000 trouble free miles in 18 months…

….Got an 07 R56 MCS now though :D :D

Attachments

·
Always on Overboost
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sad day selling a car you know and love :(

The R56 MCS will more than make up for it though :);)
It was a bit sad, had some good times - gave her a tap on the steering wheel to say goodbye :rolleyes:

New MINI is great fun - been grinning since i picked it up ;)

Hopefully i'll have lots of trouble free motoring again

·
Where does that road go?
12,574 Posts
I was sad to see mine go. Still have my little yellow/black model MINI on my desk here at home and it brings back good memories. :)

I also miss the way you drive a Cooper compared to the S. ;)

·
The Red Fox
4,979 Posts
Well it was nice to see the old girl come back on here so I could see her again! She was a very nice car to drive and I never had any problems with her as well (Apart from the deadly driver's seatbelt, but that was all sorted!)
Well I hope you have fun in your new S Paul and I'll keep an eye out for the girl on here and the road!

·
Always on Overboost
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
errrr Paul where's the pics of the new S ;) :p
Going to do a thread soon Son when ive had it a week... :cool: - here is one pic though

Bye Bye Pinky....bring on the new SSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssss
There will be no pinkness this time ;)

Well it was nice to see the old girl come back on here so I could see her again! She was a very nice car to drive and I never had any problems with her as well (Apart from the deadly driver's seatbelt, but that was all sorted!)
Well I hope you have fun in your new S Paul and I'll keep an eye out for the girl on here and the road!
Enjoying the S already :D

Im going to find out from the dealer what they are doing with her

Attachments

·
MINI on the brain!!!
1,510 Posts
Awwww its always sad whenever you part with a car... I dunno what I'm gonna be like when I sell my MINI and upgrade to a "S" :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts