MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bad Dog, Moderator
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I paid my deposit in December 2001.

I see some others have gotten some swag from their US dealers. So far the only thing I've gotten is that crummy "Book of Motoring". Who's doing better? Worse? Where are the generous dealers? The cheapskates?

Is the stuff sent from dealers something provided to all dealers as promo items by MINIUSA or do the dealers have to order (and pay for) the items?

I expect this thread to change as we approach and pass Launch Day.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Deposit paid June 2001. I've received the following:

- MINI "Book of Motoring" from the dealer
- MINI "Book of Motoring" from MINIUSA
- Pamphet/Poster from dealer
- Pamphet/Poster again from dealer during Cooper preview
- Full Cooper/Cooper S brochure (last week)

........and a Maisto 1:18 scale Cooper model from my lady for Christmas :D :D

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
MINI 'book of motoring' from MINIUSA
Cooper/Cooper S brochure from the dealer when I gave him $. I handed him a check and he handed me a brochure. Damn expensive brochure!:D

MINI mouse pad, hat and broken cuckoo clock :( from the family. Hopefully I get a unbroken cuckoo clock in the mail soon!

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
OOOO!! Look at the cool new sponsor tag on my name!

You gotta pay to get that! HINT!!

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
East Bay MINI in Pleasanton CA sent me the following:

1:28 scale "pull-back" diecast MINI Cooper (mine was Liquid Yellow with white top)
Full Cooper / Cooper S brochure (given out at auto shows)
Book of Motoring
Fold-out poster of MINI

·
Registered
339 Posts
gromit,
Don't feel too lonely. The book of motoring??? is the only thing I have received other than non-sensical E-mails.

Tom

·
Registered
58 Posts
You lucky Americans...

Here north of the 49th parallel I have give the $500 deposit, plus a $100 charitable donation and I have recieved squat/bupkus/nada.

Anyone have a cuckoo clock or a die cast chachka they want to send me?

:p

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well, I'm in the US and have not gotten ANYTHING from my dealer, MINI NA or anybody else. Yes, I paid a deposit and yes I'm registered on the MINI USA web site. I don't even get any e-mail from them!

I hate to admit it, but I bought my Book of Motoring on eBay!

·
Sham's apprentice
721 Posts
Book of Motoring from MINIUSA (cr*p)
Cooper/Cooper S brochure from dealer when I visited
Maisto 1:18 scale Cooper from my boss last November

No poster - Where's my poster???

·
Registered
38 Posts
gromit said:
I paid my deposit in December 2001.

I see some others have gotten some swag from their US dealers. So far the only thing I've gotten is that crummy "Book of Motoring". Who's doing better? Worse? Where are the generous dealers? The cheapskates?

Is the stuff sent from dealers something provided to all dealers as promo items by MINIUSA or do the dealers have to order (and pay for) the items?

I expect this thread to change as we approach and pass Launch Day.
Paid deposit Jan 2002. Nothing received from dealer but my cancelled check. No brochure.I did get"Book of motoring" from MINIUSA. What fun:confused: NOT!! Bought myself 4 Coopers in 4 colors ! Models 1:18 at Bargain closeout. I like lookin'at 'em.;) Lemooz in Tenn.

·
Super Moderator
4,988 Posts
Silly book from MINIUSA, poster from dealer and a gorgeous 1/18 model in the colors I plan on buying from British friends who I was staying with at Christmas. (I was looking for my first glimpse of a MINI and hadn't seen one after a few days so they got me the model)

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
We in the UK had the best deal.
MINI kindly let us beta-test the cars to sort out all the problems before they were sold to other countries!:rolleyes:
We had to give up the freebies though, or at least I seemed to. ;)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Mini mints. (In a neat little tin with the Mini logo on the lid).

A Mini Cooper pin. (Shaped like the car).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts