MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on this board actually driven or own the new Cooper S?

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paul_Mullett said:
No-one will have bought one yet as they are not on sale, but I know that at least a few members of this board have seen and driven a Cooper S. But I doubt they would say so.
Oh, I thought a few on here did?

So the signatures/footers on some of the posts of specced Cooper S's, are what they want in the future?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I live near the engineering company responsible for the 6-speed box, so I see about 1 Cooper S a week. I got cut up buy a S earlier this month so he had to put his foot down – WoW it does shift, and the sound is VERRRRRRY NICE. The one thing that did notice was the bonnet is a bit more upright than the standard Cooper.

Dave
:D :D :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
So who's driven one then? Eh?

Ok, now i know there must be some people out there who have had a wee shot of an 's'. Please tell us what its like, and everything about it! Were you impressed? Is the suspension set up too hard? What does it sound like? Come on! We need to know!:( :confused: :(

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Kinster said:

Oh, I thought a few on here did?

So the signatures/footers on some of the posts of specced Cooper S's, are what they want in the future?
I will change my signature immediately to save any further confusion on my part.

:D

·
Registered
448 Posts
Basil, your sig mentions the extra guages as an option (mentioned in another thread). Do you know what part number they are?

I'm a big fan of having as much info on the state of my car as possible, and consider an oil pressure guage pretty esssential in a performance motor, but my dealer seems to be the last to know anything - the only way I'll be able to specify them when I order my car next month will be if I can show him the BMW part number!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Viscount Charles said:
Basil, your sig mentions the extra guages as an option (mentioned in another thread). Do you know what part number they are?

I'm a big fan of having as much info on the state of my car as possible, and consider an oil pressure guage pretty esssential in a performance motor, but my dealer seems to be the last to know anything - the only way I'll be able to specify them when I order my car next month will be if I can show him the BMW part number!
I wish I could help you buddy. But I havn't any idea either. All I know is that I wan't them, along with just about everything else except the ugly sat-nav option.

If your dealer doesn't know, I don't know who would. Keep an eye on the other thread, more information will rear it's head soon i'm sure.

cheers.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The sat-nav sure is ugly, but it has two selling points. It should help stop us from getting lost (but then, driving a MINI I don't suppose 'll care very much!), and if you have it fitted, the speedo gets moved to a useful position!

Which of the options are worthwhile, and which ones are a waste of space? Is DSC worth the extra, for example?

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Viscount Charles said:
The sat-nav sure is ugly, but it has two selling points. It should help stop us from getting lost (but then, driving a MINI I don't suppose 'll care very much!), and if you have it fitted, the speedo gets moved to a useful position!

Which of the options are worthwhile, and which ones are a waste of space? Is DSC worth the extra, for example?
Thats another option I had forgotten about... . Hard to know without driving a car with and without it. I don't think I'll worry. ABS and Traction control would be my top options, and thankfully they are both standard.

Has anyone here taken up the DSC option on their Coopers ?

cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts