MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally collected the Cooper S today. All my fears that I wouldn't like it as much as my little Cooper went as soon as I saw it. Still the same character, just loads more fun.

Love the HK system, but had to keep turning the music off to hear the whine and those great pops from the exhaust. I even managed to drive it in sixth gear, (bf had said it was for men only!) and even my teenage boys think its the mutts nutts, or a 'bling machine'.

Getting the Works kit put on in Worthing on Tuesday/Wednesday, so things can only get better!!

Quick piccies taken at the dealers, old and new next to each other (guess we must like red). Still sad to see the little guy go, but hey, can't complain too much.

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got rid of the number plates - had to get bf to do it - dinner ladies don't have to know how to use a computer.

B

·
0 Posts
dinnerlady said:
Got rid of the number plates - had to get bf to do it - dinner ladies don't have to know how to use a computer.
as long as you can count that mattress money huh :D ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey it looks as if your Mini is broken!
The steering wheel is on the wrong side!

Oh, my bad...
You are in the UK!

Enjoy the ride, I know I will, (come Friday when I collect "Sting")

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its got to go back to the dealers to have Aerokit fitted correctly, will get them to put the steering wheel on the correct side as well :D :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Picked up car from JCW this morning :D :D :D :D :D WOW pics to follow once my feet get back on the ground

·
Registered
49 Posts
Dinner lady, some advice for me please...

I am thinking of getting the JCW kit on my S

1) Do I get it as a factory option or is it cheaper to get it done elsewhere
2) What do you get for the JCW works
3) Do you have the full Aero kit (front, side and back) - can I see some pictures

Thanks

·
Cruising In The Minge
773 Posts
CHRed said:
Dinner lady, some advice for me please...

I am thinking of getting the JCW kit on my S

1) Do I get it as a factory option or is it cheaper to get it done elsewhere
2) What do you get for the JCW works
3) Do you have the full Aero kit (front, side and back) - can I see some pictures

Thanks
I have full Aero kit, cost me an extra $200 to get the wheel arches colour coded.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1} JCW kit can be either fitted by the dealer (not at the factory) or if you are local enough, you can take it to John Coopers at Worthing who will do it for £3,704 compared to the £4,000 the dealer will charge. We chose to do it this way as we felt that John Cooper's engineers fit these things all day and must know what they are doing, and of course, it's £300 cheaper and a day out to Sussex (and a great drive home when it's done!).

2) The Kit comprises, new air box, supercharger, cylinder head, exhaust plus various bits and bobs and the ECU is re-programmed to take into account the changes. Goes like stink, with increase from 170bhp to 210bhp, and really smooths the Cooper S out, actually even makes it easier to drive it slowly, believe it or not.

3) We got the full aerokit fitted by the dealer (because insurance company said it was no extra cost if it was on the car as supplied from new). It cost £1300, supplied and fitted and includes front and rear bumpers and body coloured side skirts, plus black mesh grille.
We still have black wheel arches.

We are waiting for the sun to come out to take some more pictures, but hope these show it off.

Attachments

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
Looks great! Congrats :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My boyfriend said he wanted spots at the front - oops, I didn't realise he meant spotlights !! :D :D :D Glad you like it though - he does too.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The side skirts really make the car look a lot better. I plan on getting those when I get my '05 Cooper S. And, yes, Mini Coopers are "The Dogs".

1 - 20 of 37 Posts