MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can I say except WOW. I can't believe how good it looks, I am well happy.

But what do I think of the car:

For:
  1. The car doesn't 'pull to the left' :) It does drift to the left but having driven one that pulled they are a world apart
  2. handles like a dream. The 17" Wheels don't affect it at all IMO
  3. Power of the Mini is better than I remembered. It is not even run in and I find it more than adequate
  4. The 17"Wheels look fantastic
    [/list=1]

against:
    1. A couple of niggles with the build quality. A small bit of plastic was hanging off under the steering column, nothing major though. Also there is a small lump in the interior of passengers door, more annoying than anything else.
    2. Drivers window does not go up in one touch as I was lead to believe.
    3. That god dam lumber support
      [/list=1]

All in all I am very happy with the car, all things considered my niggles are very minor. It is impossible to get a car that is blemish free.

I am so happy I could dance :p

Attachments

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
LMB,
Nice one ! What spec have you opted for, colour etc ? I have gone for the 17s and pleased to read your feedback on them was good. I'l start the barrage of requsts for pics....

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers

smartbomb said:
LMB,
Nice one ! What spec have you opted for, colour etc ? I have gone for the 17s and pleased to read your feedback on them was good. I'l start the barrage of requsts for pics....
Cheers smartbomb:p

My Spec is:
Cooper
BRG/White
Chili
17" S Spoke Wheels(Silver)
ASC+T
CD Auto
Radio Boost
Manual Air Con
Head Airbag(Front/Rear)
Alarm
Heated Mirror/Jets
TLC

I won't be able to post picture, well not yet anyway. I don't have a Digital camera or a scanner. If you want to get an idea what it looks like visit GrahamG's gallery. Our cars are identical; except he has a red interior while mine is black.

I will say one thing though, the pictures don't do the wheels justice, they look fantastic. If you can squeeze them into your budget get them. They really finish the car off nicely.

Oh and another thing, I didn't expect the radio boost to sound so good. I have an amp and some 6x9 that I was planning on fitting, but I may not bother I am that happy with the BOOST. I have yet to get the speaker to distort, I had to stop as it hurt my ears:eek:

Cheers

LMB :D

·
Registered
374 Posts
Re windows closing. I thought my windows didn't have a one-touch facility. Then I found a very brief push/lift of the switch is how you do it.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
So where's the picture's then :confused:

Or are you having too much fun :D :D :D :D

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
LMB,
I have opted for the 17s as they look ultra funky, and the pics don't do them justice ! I chose the wheels ahead of any audio upgrade as I may fit my own, or add a changer as I have requested the changer cable to be fitted.
At present can't really stretch to more options !
So far it's this..
Cooper
Indi blue
ASC+T
TLC
Chili/whit
17" wheel upgrade
Heated jet and mirrors, a last minute add on as I was in a good mood !

Have seen Graham Gs car ! you're a lucky whatsit !

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
smartbomb said:
LMB,
I have opted for the 17s as they look ultra funky, and the pics don't do them justice ! I chose the wheels ahead of any audio upgrade as I may fit my own, or add a changer as I have requested the changer cable to be fitted.
At present can't really stretch to more options !
So far it's this..
Cooper
Indi blue
ASC+T
TLC
Chili/whit
17" wheel upgrade
Heated jet and mirrors, a last minute add on as I was in a good mood !

Have seen Graham Gs car ! you're a lucky whatsit !
I think you spec is more than enough. I went a bit too far, it is easily done:rolleyes: At the end of the day the experience is the same. It is a dam fine motor car even in its standard mode. Glad to see you have gone for the 17" though, you won't regret it, you can add a sound system anytime.

Cheers

LMB :D

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Glad to see you have gone for the 17" though, you won't regret it, you can add a sound system anytime.
I thought that it would be make more sense to have the 17s and fit my old head unit and changer. I have asked in the ICE forum about buying a MINI changer, as if I can pick up one cheap enough would be tempted just to plug that in.
I couldn't resist the 17s, they add a real sense of purpose, and are just SOOO big for a car of it's size.
Cheers
S to the B.

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
LMB, well done on one of the best purchases you will ever make,and you will get used to complete strangers coming up to you and asking about your car.:D :D :D

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
smiffy said:
So where's the picture's then :confused:

Or are you having too much fun :D :D :D :D
No pictures smiffy sorry. I have no means of getting them onto my computer.

But oh yes I am having loads of fun. I have been amazed at some people’s response to the car. Even people I know that have absolutely no interest in cars seemed taken aback by how good the car looks:p

The car is a dream to drive as well; I can't wait to run this baby in because there is so much potential just waiting to be unleashed:cool:

LMB:D

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Nice pic Basil,
You can just see the 15s on the car behind, the 17s are make a huge difference visually. I have seen masses of pics, but the MINI always looks even better in the metal.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
smartbomb said:
Nice pic Basil,
You can just see the 15s on the car behind, the 17s are make a huge difference visually. I have seen masses of pics, but the MINI always looks even better in the metal.
Looks great doesn't it.......and your right about the shape.....photo's just don't do those lines justice. It's an absolutely brilliant design.

I hope LMB get's my subtle little joke in the above photo....

:)

·
Registered
149 Posts
LMB said:
[*]Drivers window does not go up in one touch as I was lead to believe.
The engine has to be running for the one-touch up to work - I think 'tis to prevent Children from garotting themselves whilst "playing" with the buttons.

One-touch down should work with the ignition on "1" or with the engine running.

Have a try
;)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Re: Subtle...

blak-hak said:
...the dropped windows, maybe?

More intriguingly - what are those reflectors on the wheelarches?
US Design regulations......this car is US spec I believe.

I'd rather have a Central Tacho than those things......

:D

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Re: Re: Got my Cooper Today

Silverstone said:

The engine has to be running for the one-touch up to work - I think 'tis to prevent Children from garotting themselves whilst "playing" with the buttons.

One-touch down should work with the ignition on "1" or with the engine running.

Have a try
;)
Cheers Silverstone,

It is weird but I couldn't find anything about it in the manual. But then I picked up a Mini Brochure that I had, one of the more detailed ones and it mentioned that the drivers window was only one touch up when the engine is on. But it works:)

My car looks very much like that picture Basil, but more beefy. The 17" wheels really suit the car, it looks beautiful. With regards to your subtle joke I can only assume that it is that I posted that picture about a hundred times telling every Tom, **** and Harry that this is what my car will look like:p

Day two report:

The car feels better every time I drive it; it is such a driver car. The drift to the left is more pronounced than I first thought, doesn't bother me but I will mention it to my dealer. My only other complaint to add to my previuos ones is that the dash board creeks a bit, not much, but being the perfectionist I am I will try and get it sorted.

Cheers

LMB:D

·
Registered
213 Posts
LMB

Congrats. on your new car! I like the green with the silver 17" wheels. Looks smashing!

I am getting about 31 mpg on the first tank of petrol. This is a mix of town and country driving.

Has anyone tried using the 97 hi-octane unleaded fuel? Has it improved performance and MPG?

Cheers

1 - 20 of 24 Posts