MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
can't believe it - I really got 'em!!!
Picked up my IndieBlue/White Chilly Cooper from the CustomerCentre for the BMW Employees in Munich in the morning. The guy, who showed me all the details seemed to be quite new in the job - he didn't have a clou about anything - but was polite - and very embarassed, when I put my favourite CD into the CD changer in the boot and nothing but a very weak tickle came out of the speakers. They checked it in the workshop and then told me, they can't exchange it because they are not allowed to perform warranty issues !???? I have to go now to the MINI Niederlassung Munich - got a date next Friday :(
Most of the other things are working
It's not pulling to the left but quite sensible to influence from the road - but feels good :))
It's very quiet - no squeeks, no rattles - even on these cathead streets im my district.
I am very surprised about the engine - didn't expect such a fine response, the throaty sound is cool and the (felt) performance is MUCH better then in the MINI One I had for an evening and 400 km. I'm just curious about what will happen when I rev it over 4500 1/min :)
The aircon only started working after I have pushed the button ten times - now it's alright.
The SSP+ is fantastic. It feels quite stiff in the city but if go on a twisted, even worn out road it's works more perfect the faster you go. After the second roundabout I couldn't avoid some hysteric laughter - was just happy to be on my own ;).
I stopped on a small, lonely road, stepped around my car and took some photos. It was almost dark - but this car looked that fantastic!!!... Slowly I began to realize, what happened today.
When I arrived at home (I found a parking gap directly in front of my house - quite unusual in Munich), I saw the release lever of the right back seat hanging loose - not possible to release the seat, what worked without hassle two hours before ???
These little defects (like the CD changer) are not funny - but as long as the engine and the chassis are working, they won't affect the joy to ride this car. I will just go and see if I can find out whats up with this lever....
Tomorrow I'l get up early and make these 500 km on country roads to cologne - there's a party of some friends - probably I will have an idiotic grin in my face the whole evening only few will understand - but they won't know that I've already partied all day long :cool:

ps: today the Williams FW 24 was presented and you know what??: It's white and Indieblue :D

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Congratulations mate

I just picked my car up on Wednesday so I know how you feel:D

Shame about the little niggles though, my car has got a few minor ones, but they still shouldn't be there. I think BMW should send some heavies from Germany, to Oxford to over see things. I think the build quality is still not up to the standard it should be.

The car is so good to drive though; I have never enjoyed driving as much for such a long time.

Have Fun;)

LMB:D

·
Mulberry Red Mini 40
1,048 Posts
Well done jomini, reading your post reminded me of a few things.

Maybe you should start a poll of "How many people went for a drive, parked up and walked around it grinning?" cos that makes two of us:D

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
jonmini,
Congrats !! I have opted for Indi blue too....cracking colour. Pity about the niggles, they will get sorted, don't let it spoil your fun..!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Been a menber of the stupid grin club for a few months now. I take the twisty route to work and I'm sure people think I'm odd as I always turn up an monday morning with 'The Grin' If your ever over towards Stuttgart and you see the grin in a white and B R Green Cooper, that's me !
Enjoy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts