MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dark Grey, Chilli Pack, Harmon Kardon, CD player (yes its plays MP3), half leather seats blue and black, Multi function steering wheel.

Got it from Lloyd Mini in Carlisle UK, have to say they were great with me, I live in london and was only in carlisle for the weekend, they rushed it through for me in a one day turnover, and even came into work early so i could pick it up first thing Saturday morning.
I will be buying from them again.

This is my first MCS so i cant compare it to the old, but the guys at Lloyd's said that it seems like a different car to the old one, much more torque, and noticably quicker!!! superb!!!

My impressions: This for all you people waiting delivery.........

ITS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!

I really really really really love it, its super quick (and its not even run in), feels solid, the new xenons are amazing, truely amazing! and the stereo is beautiful....saying that though i never have it on for more than 10 minutes because i'm addicted to the exhaust........vroooooooooooooooommmmm pop pop bark. in first second and third, its spits and grumbles like a rally car!

had to drive the 300 miles from carlisle to london (were i live) and the cruise control was a joy much easier than normal driving and very easy to use, the multi function wheel is a god send upgrade now if you havent.

going to clean it this weekend and get some pictures, if you want to see anything in detail let me know before saturday.

good luck with your orders

darren :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mr Simpson said:
saying that though i never have it on for more than 10 minutes because i'm addicted to the exhaust........vroooooooooooooooommmmm pop pop bark. in first second and third, its spits and grumbles like a rally car!

What a great description of the sound. I want mine now......... 19hrs to go

·
Registered
145 Posts
Someone should record the exhaust for us!

With such a great description of the exhaust, I was wondering if someone had an MP3 of the new exhaust note!

I have been pouring through the internet to find all the media about the MCS that I can, and I haven't found a good soundbite of the engine revving. Anyone? :D

My MCS is still a couple months away (August Build) but I am counting the days!

ciao
RM

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have a nice MP3 of a Volkswagon Beetle starting and running, but I don't suppose it would help, unless you want to fool a few friends?

·
MINI2
46 Posts
Mr Simpson said:
My impressions: This for all you people waiting delivery.........

ITS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!

I really really really really love it, its super quick (and its not even run in), feels solid, the new xenons are amazing, truely amazing! and the stereo is beautiful....saying that though i never have it on for more than 10 minutes because i'm addicted to the exhaust........vroooooooooooooooommmmm pop pop bark. in first second and third, its spits and grumbles like a rally car!
ARGHHH.... your review is killing me :mad: ;) :D

Congrats m8, drive safe.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Congrats! I am still waiting for mine. 3 weeks more to go, can't wait. I have a quick question, you mentioned the stereo plays MP3, is the 2005 Mini stereo have a jack if I want to hard wire the ipod or MP3 player? Or, it's still any option?

Thanks!
Harold ;)

·
MINININININININI!
225 Posts
Nice one Mr S, all you have done is make my wait even worse......not good!

Im due to get mine in Oct, from 5 miles away, just means I have to drive to my friend in Dundee!!!...and back of course.

So tell us more, does the CD player only play mp3 with the HK upgrade?, what are the features of the MFSW, I seriously am considering that one!

Safe driving m8 and post those picccccies

·
Smurfing Around
42,086 Posts
Mr Simpson said:
had to drive the 300 miles from carlisle to london (were i live) and the cruise control was a joy much easier than normal driving and very easy to use, the multi function wheel is a god send upgrade now if you havent.

Congratulations. Glad you are enjoying it.

Isn't using the cruise control a bit of a nono during run in? :confused: I suppose it doesn't really make a great deal of difference.

·
Registered
26 Posts
CooperID said:
congrats!!!... Nice to hear good comments on the new cars coming through... another 5 weeks before I get mine.. the wait is killing me!! :)

Same here! Ordered first week in June and delivery is due in September. Hopefully it will be early, not late September at least. Having to wait soooooooo long is really really really tough. Cannot wait for September to arrive.

Cheers

CCLSC

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mp3

yeah dont know about the hard wiring of an ipod there's no aux ports on the front of the cd player. I asked the dealer about the ipod but they hadnt heard anything i think its U.S. only at the moment...check out the apple.com website

I dont think it makes any diff if you have the HK or not regarding MP3, but after driving into work this morning take my advice GET THE HK UPGRADE, its mirror shakingly good!

spent 50 pounds on cleaning products (Zymol, anyone used it?) yesterday! actually cant wait to clean it, getting obsessed........

2 hour drive to camber sands (big beach, south of england) planned for the morning (after clean) back next week with some pics.

easy

Mr Simpson

B

·
0 Posts
Just got my MCS on Tuesday 27th July

It's absolutely fantastic. I noticed the extra 7bhp although I can't push it yet(No need for the AMD ECU mod!!!!!). It seems more eager through the gears compared to the older model. And I was dubious of the new Xenon lights, until I saw them in the flesh.

It was well worth holding back to get this face lifted version!!!!!

Everyone will enjoy theirs.

Attached if I did it right is piccie (mobile phone quality!)

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
White Mcs

bgw - please please please take some better quality pics of the White cooper S!

I love it! starting to wish i got mine in white...........next year i will!! he he

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
22 Participants
RobHardyUK
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing