MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and greetings to everyone,

I'm a brand new Mini owner and after waiting since March of this year (and swapping to a new style facelift model) have now got my beloved Mini - and I love it!!!
Will get some pics soon, but it's Chilli red, with white roof,mirrors and bonnet stripes, Chilli pack, interior is black with black and red seats and I've got the Cd player, aircon, 16" 7 spoke Fin alloys etc.

Anyway, while taking me through the car last Tuesday, the dealer and myself realised they had left off my visibility pack AND my heated washer jets and mirrors!!!!!!! And then to make matters worse I drove home and noticed a dent in the roof!!! I know I shouldn't have taken delivery of it, but I went straight back to the dealer and demanded some action. They told me my options could not be retro-fitted so they would do me a deal. They order me a brand new one for October (to the correct spec) and let me drive round in this one until its ready. Am currently waiting for it in writing, but can't believe these things always happen to me!
Cheers,
G
Anyway, absolutely love the car and am so glad I got one

·
Rainhill's guest
387 Posts
Big G said:

I'm a brand new Mini owner and after waiting since March of this year (and swapping to a new style facelift model) have now got my beloved Mini - and I love it!!!
Will get some pics soon, but it's Chilli red, with white roof,mirrors and bonnet stripes, Chilli pack, interior is black with black and red seats and I've got the Cd player, aircon, 16" 7 spoke Fin alloys etc.

Anyway, while taking me through the car last Tuesday, the dealer and myself realised they had left off my visibility pack AND my heated washer jets and mirrors!!!!!!! And then to make matters worse I drove home and noticed a dent in the roof!!! I know I shouldn't have taken delivery of it, but I went straight back to the dealer and demanded some action. They told me my options could not be retro-fitted so they would do me a deal. They order me a brand new one for October (to the correct spec) and let me drive round in this one until its ready. Am currently waiting for it in writing, but can't believe these things always happen to me!
Cheers,
G
Cheers!!!! We will be in October soon!!!
Pics of both coopers...

·
Registered
641 Posts
Big G said:

Cheers,
G
If the dealers stick to their word and you get a new car in October this sounds pretty good service. 3 months of milage and depreciaition on the existing car effectively FOC ;)

Makes you wonder though why the dent in the roof wasn't noticed at the PDI :confused:

·
MINININININININI!
225 Posts
Which dealer Big G?, I've got an October delivery and I think i might spend a while checking b4 signing!

Don't worry though just enjoy driving!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealer is Synter in Solihull, West Midlands. I've been really impressed with their service and am glad they have offered me this alternative as I'll get a 54 reg as opposed to my 04 reg too.
Yep - and I can't believe I was made to wait one week for them to "prepare" the car and they didn't notice the dent.
Oh well, at least it's kind of like free motoring for two months. I'm off to the garage now to get something in writing. Just thought I'd let everyone know in case it happens to them!
Cheers
Gaz

·
MINI2 Sex God & etc......
1,106 Posts
In some cases you are lucky, other dealers may just say you signed for it your problem or will do as little as possible to rectify the problem. Despite the problems they sound good because of the little deal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Martin,

I know both John and Mark well and I don't think they'll forget me in a hurry after this episode. Was chatting to John the other day and he said he'd never leave this job for anything - you can imagine why :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
bubblegoose
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing