MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, it's that time of the year and i'd like to try and lower my quote of £700 for my GP
(namely the £600 excess they're after!!- £300 voluntary, £300 compulsory)

I'm 29, 10 years no claims, no points or convictions in the last 3 years (just!!)

Some people i've read have recommended swift cover- they don't want to know on their website!
So, my question is- who are you guys with?
And how do any of you compare to this quote?
(the best i've found is with admiral for £500 which seems pretty good-but i think it has a few stipulations around protected no claims!
thanks in advance for any of your comments/advice!
mattyc

·
Is over to the dark side
515 Posts
Greenlight are very good. £480 I paid last year. I'm 27 and have 7 years no claims. You should easily be able to pick the same if not better.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mini-chris,
i just got a text from them this morning for £497!
that's a nice £200 margin!

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
Modded #1657 is with Adrian Flux

Standard LHD #0881 is with Norwich Union for less than £400

·
Registered
940 Posts
Try MINI insurance.

·
6X therapist
13,907 Posts
I'm with Direct Line since May this year nearly 50% saving on my previous insurer plus the excess is lower and I get covered for vandalism and uninsured drivers doing damage as long as I pay the excess and still keep the NCB.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I tried virtually every insurance company using confused.com direct line and a number of insurance companies that advertise in Evo mag and had quotes between £875 and £2500. After spending a week of searching I went with the first quote I got with Adrian Flux. Insurance quotes depend on you circumstances ie what area you live where you park your car at night how many no claims you have and if you have any points on your license

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys thanks for all your help- Greenlight and budget are coming in the cheapest with Greenlight at £497 and Admiral at £519.
(that's for 10+ years no claims discount, car parked on street in a leafy area of surrey, with no points or convictions)

Hopefully this thread can help other GP owners aswell!
mattyc

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi guys, just thought i'dgive you an update!
Ended going with Admiral
The quote was £503, then when i called up and went through the package-by stating what year of production the car was (apparently it was missing on their quote form) and amending the point that i was an interior designer and not a graphic designer that bumped it up £40 to £543!
I queried the above but was told basically that the computer does the calculation not the operator!

Then to protect my 10 years no claims bonus they added another £30!

So full total was £573.80

I suppose my point is-Admiral may seem cheap at the begining- but they soon find ways to bump it up! Maybe interior designers are more dangerous than graphic designers!!!!

:(

·
JcwMiniAdventures
434 Posts
I personally use quinn direct, there a breakers in ireland & the uk. I have used them for 2 years for MCS. Worth a try.

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
My left hooker is with Norwich Union for £395 fully comp - but now I need to get it covered in Italy so the premium will shoot up if I can find a UK company top cover me for permanent European use.

My Heavily modded Right Hooker is with Adrian Flux for circa £650 with all mods covered and guaranteed value

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
I'm with budget:)
Renewal came through at £1150, compared to last years £800:eek:

Now moved to Admiral, done a multi car policy, and got the GP for £520 and the other two MINI/mini's on there for less than that renewal price:D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Some people i've read have recommended swift cover- they don't want to know on their website!
As for swift cover, I gave them a go as my parents use them and have a very low quote. For me (23/m/0 NCB/never had own insurance) on a 02 MCS they laughed and said that on that car you have to be 29, 4 years NCB and totally clean licence!

I went with Admiral in the end, cheapest I could find. £350 excess and £812 - Pretty good I think for someone who has never had their own insurance policy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts