MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
GRS defo way to go, as by the time you've shelled out for the GP one peformance wise you may aswell have got the GRS one. GRS top mount is defo the best A2A intercooler this side of the GRS frount mount thats on its way ;)

As for looking OEM, it only takes 20 mins to swap em over (40 mins first time).

Plus James has one in stock so no need to wait for it (I believe here is a 2 week wait from people who have no stock)

·
Registered
460 Posts
TBH if your worried about the warranty then im guessing your not tuning so theres no need to swap the intercooler you only need to swap out once your running a -17% pulley or more in stock state the GP i/c will not make enough difference to warrant the cost.

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
^ What he said but never had an issue with Warranty so long as I was not claiming against a part I'd modified :)

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
as he said, just had warranty work ie new clutch, with a gtt cooler sat on top, no issues
why would anyone sell a gp intercooler ? unless going water/air?

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
Having tested GRS & GP Intercoolers back to back on the dyno I would stay with the GP as there was no difference found.

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
I run a GP on a 15% car with other mods and it is often cool to the touch on the Post IC horn even after very spirited driving. I did 2 legs of the malverns this weekend and I was near the front leading with Bhozar and both times we gave it beans all the way and found the horn cool to the touch at the stop points!

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
any other mods on the horizon,

now or post warrenty?

any track time planned?

just as a heads up, and anybody feel me to correct me if i have this wrong, but its my understanding
that...
even if you fit all the bits from a jcw works/gp to your car, its still not warrentied as i assume its not going to be fitted by bmw as part of an official conversion

stands back and awaits flaming
if i have this right you may as well go grs or any other?

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
Warrantees should not be affected by people who fit them. Its the parts that are warranteed (its illegal for dealers to void warrantee just because official parts were not fitted by them...its a little bit of a grey area but I'm pretty sure of this. Its the same as the old one where people used to think that thier cars had to be serviced by dealer in order not to loose their warrantees.

·
M3 CSL
724 Posts
Having tested GRS & GP Intercoolers back to back on the dyno I would stay with the GP as there was no difference found.
I will have to disagree with the statement above. I run a GP I/C and the only reason I do is that it looks stock under the bonnet, the GRS performs better. I have dynoed both I/Cs back to back and the GRS one came out on top for bhp. Gained 6bhp from memory (got a graph somewhere). I would switch to the A2A GRS but I am looking for one 2nd hand as rather than pay another £400 out for an A2A I would buy the W2A GRS (sell the GP I/C and add £400)

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Where those Dyno runs done back to back or did you go for a drive with the GRS one first? Reason I ask is that it is odd that Jaw's car found the opposite.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts