MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mini2 Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been advised to drop a topic on here for some help on iphone connectivity, so here we go.

I am looking to get a GP and would like to know what I would need to get to allow the iphone 3g to be utilised for phone and ipod functions. I would like to be able to use the steering wheel controls to end calls etc and also skip through tracks on the ipod part of the phone etc.

Is there such a thing?

Cheers
Matt

·
Mini2 Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

I am looking for an ipod adapter that is not as visible as the dension. More like a glove box style interface....like an xcarlink. I have an ipod that I leave in the car all of the time, so doesnt need to be a fully visable solution.

Re the car kit.....is that parrot specific for a mini interface or is there a 'middle' section that communicates to the steering wheel interface. Could any bluetooth car kit link?

Many thanks

Hi
We have a parrot kit that is plug & play & will work with your wheel buttons NewMINIStuff.com
We have an ipod kit that will work with your wheel & display playlists, track names etc on your stereo - NewMINIStuff.com

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
The dension we use is fully hidden - all you see is a dock connector in the glove box (if the gp had one ;))
The parrot we use is combined with a special interface & wiring loom

·
Mini2 Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply.

Can the interface and wiring loom be used in conjunction with other bluetooth car kits, or is it Parrot only?

Great stuff re the denision. Is it compatible with the iphone 3G as well?

Cheers

The dension we use is fully hidden - all you see is a dock connector in the glove box (if the gp had one ;))
The parrot we use is combined with a special interface & wiring loom

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
The mfsw phone interface will only work with the parrot
The dension works fine with the iphone
Note: the iphone doesnt have voice dial so to dial out you would need to touch the phone (we do have iphone cradles)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts