MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am looking to get a GP one day soonish but am unsure as to the standard level of spec they have.. Can anyone tell me if they come with any of the following things?

1) Xenon Headlights
2) Harmon Kardon Sound System
3) Auto Dip Mirror

From the photos I have seen it seems that they dont have this spec, is that correct?

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
As Mikey says it is no all round to your questions

However

Auto dip rear view mirror is an easy DIY job, Alarm / tracker is also a relatively easy fix for someone like Mikey as is a full audio upgrade.

GP is one fantastic car, but them I am biased with having 2 of the beasts

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
TBH the easiest way to get the spec of a GP is;

218 bhp? - Yes
An interior? - No
Any options at all? - No

LOL

·
Registered
317 Posts
Interior does have fantastic black leather Recaro's!! Really comfy and heated too...

And as everyone else says, it goes like stink!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
GP spec

I wouldnt buy a GP if you're after creature comforts

They have a decent spec for sure, but it's a spec aimed at a focused drive, not the passenger/poseur.

It has a decent engine (stated as 218bhp, but i'd place a bet nearer 225 at the flywheel), bigger intercooler, better suspension, JCW brakes, limited slip diff, DSC button, ok recaro seats altho not as good as Works seats imo, trip computer, 3 spoke MFS wheel, radio boost with CD, flat undertray, functional rear spoiler, lighter wheels, black headlining etc.

It has no heated mirrors, no rear wiper, no dipping mirrors, no climate (aircon standard in UK models), no ashtray, no cigarette lighter, no rear seats, no front fogs, no xenon lights, no satnav, no HK stereo, no rear speakers, no eye level clock etc.

Buy one if you like to drive and grin because you're having fun.

Dont buy one if you want an all round MINI - maybe consider an S / Works with all the options.

·
GP0714
64 Posts
TBH the easiest way to get the spec of a GP is;

218 bhp? - Yes
An interior? - No
Any options at all? - No

LOL
Richard, that not entirely true, You get Aircon & Heated Seats ;)

I love my GP!!! even though my mirrors got stolen and it now has silver ears - lol (mikey has seen it - lol)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wouldnt buy a GP if you're after creature comforts

They have a decent spec for sure, but it's a spec aimed at a focused drive, not the passenger/poseur.

It has a decent engine (stated as 218bhp, but i'd place a bet nearer 225 at the flywheel), bigger intercooler, better suspension, JCW brakes, limited slip diff, DSC button, ok recaro seats altho not as good as Works seats imo, trip computer, 3 spoke MFS wheel, radio boost with CD, flat undertray, functional rear spoiler, lighter wheels, black headlining etc.

It has no heated mirrors, no rear wiper, no dipping mirrors, no climate (aircon standard in UK models), no ashtray, no cigarette lighter, no rear seats, no front fogs, no xenon lights, no satnav, no HK stereo, no rear speakers, no eye level clock etc.

Buy one if you like to drive and grin because you're having fun.

Dont buy one if you want an all round MINI - maybe consider an S / Works with all the options.
Cheers for that reply :)
Its a tough one because I'll be honest and say that I would ideally like a high spec interior. Having come from an R53 with pretty much every extra that you can get it would be a shame to go backwards in terms of interior refinement... although I just love the look and general aura of the GP.. but I guess you could get a JCW and do work to it to make it on a par with a GP whilst also having more features inside the car... Does anyone know how easy it is to do a rear seat delete GP style (ie so its not just ripping the back seats out and having bolts, and rails everywhere etc) I'd like to do the proper job and make it look like a GP does...

IMO its shame they didnt make the GP a little more customisable... having things like no eye level clock and no rear wiper?!? how much weight must that save really, we must be talking a few grams?

·
Registered
117 Posts
There's a nice looking GP on e bay at the moment number "1000" and it's done less than 5000 miles! Have a look. GP Good points, great seats, fast, stops, has air con, what more do you want? You can get an ipod lead, crack on!

·
Registered
4 Posts
There's a nice looking GP on e bay at the moment number "1000" and it's done less than 5000 miles! Have a look. GP Good points, great seats, fast, stops, has air con, what more do you want? You can get an ipod lead, crack on!
Hi,

Tell me more about the iPod lead, what do I need and where does it connect / plug in to:confused:

That car on eBay seems like the opening bid is too much, I just paid less for mine. It has 6k miles and is mint condition numbered 1975 and purchased from main dealer.

Really enjoying it and so far not missed the M3 one bit, especially the fuel consumption and depreciation!

dave

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think its a lot for a GP at the moment but I think there might be some value in it been number 1000. The I pod lead i've got is from Mini just an jack plug one, its not really what I wanted as I can't control the ipod with the steering wheel buttons but its all they could do at the dealer?? I have had a look around this site and a guy called "mikeythemini" who is a sponsor of this site does some better ones, and they look great value, he also does alarms and loads of carbon bits. I will soon be getting some gear off him as I want a decent ipod lead, he also does phone stuff as well. Take a look at his site "Newministuff" in sponsors and I am not on conmission.

Milly

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have bought a early 2006 car with the JCW GP body kit but a standard motor the kit is genuine but not factory fit I'm told- I ahve a metallic grey dash and no carbon fibre inside but recaro seats
the suspension as far as I can see has different springs maybesome other suspension mods and JCW brakes the engine is standard it has done 20K miles due to its last owner "going away" It did have the rear no seat strut brace package when I bought it but I had the original seats replaced

How much should I have paid? AND
Do you thinkits worth me spending £3.5 K on a JCW tuning kit for orignality or should I go for a pulley upgrade GP Intercooler and injectors + Re- mapp etc
thanks guys

1 - 14 of 14 Posts