MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, is anyone running:

R 215/35 R18 W tyres on their GP?

I know the standard should be 205 40 18's but i was recomended to use these if i wanted to shake off the runflats!
Has anyone had these fitted and had any issues with the tyres catching on the wheel arches on full steering lock?

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
Snowie is running 215/35-18 Falken FK-452.
Actually they are off the car at the moment - need to sort out a bit of kerbing so my standard Dunlop runflats are back on.

There is no problem running 215/35 - 18 only speedo runs about 5 to 6% high compared to Sat Nav.

If I were to replace them I would go for 215 / 40 profile as speedo would be more accurate plus some extra side wall for kerb and pot hole protection.

·
Registered
21 Posts
GP Tyres

I'm running 215/35/18's Yokohama Parada spec 2.

They fit fine, with no rubbing.

Totally agree with snowie, speedo deffo runs faster - about 5mph ott at average speeds.
Also, the car runs noticeably lower, not to look at, but it catches on sleeping policemen, inclines etc more often.

Also, i have a LOT of torque steer which is spoiling the drive for me. I hear that this is common if fitting the Yokos. If buying again, i would try 215/40's and not Yokos even though the grip and general ride quality is much better than r/f.

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
I also forgot to say that with the 215/35 you will notice a ride height drop of circa 7mm - hence why Flinty and I catch more speed humps.

215 / 40 is the best way to go IMO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts