MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok

So who's looking forward to the launch of this then?

I was watching a load of women on ITV moaning about violence in video games and how it corrupts their kids-only for David Hasslehoff (of knight rider) to come on and say he watched Freddy VS Jason in his hotel in London last night with his two 12 year old girls LOL They never moaned at him. What a geezer.

Anyway.....if they thought Manhunt was out of order wait until they lay eyes on this bad boy...

Due in October so it would seem....

4 times bigger than Vice City

Gangland theme where you collect gang members for your crew and go around taking over places and blowing up mo'fo's! LOL

A vast landscape to fully explore from the word go, including a mountain which takes a whole minute to fly up in the helicopter

A country pumpkin style place you can drive to and terrorise where the locals come for you if you play up

Each member of the public and enemy has their very own identification (this is something that has been being worked on for 3 years according to reports) where interaction is possible and will be like nothing you have experienced....

Push bikes now included to get down alleyways

Dramatic drive-bys

Loads of motors and all sorts of other modes of transport

Better shooting and targetting modes

Better weapons

A secret soundtrack which they refuse to comment on but rumours are rife of Snoop Dog, 2-pac, Biggy, P-Diddy to name a few starring on the game with some new tracks and old but goldies.....

Its got the gaming world on the edge of its seats.....and they reckon its gonna blow your socks off!!

And the best bit...they reckon its gonna take about 6 months for the best gamers to 100% complete

Roll on San Andreas!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am definitely looking forward to it. The technological leap Rockstar has made is beyond impressive and puts all the GTA clones to shame (which is quite a feat seeing as how many of them were released well after Vice City). I definitely don't think anyone saw this drastic of an update coming in the PS2's last remaining days.

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
Ooooooooooo looks sooooooooooooooo good. I dont play many games, but getting this, and DEF getting gran turismo 4. Getting another ps2 (sold old one) just for it!!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Was very very busy yesterday, but bought it in the morning and had a quick look at it late last night. Tried the first mission and was killed by the drive by-ers and thought I'd give it a rest until I had some proper time. That will be later today! :D

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Done a few levels now. :)

What is it about the fuzzy or 'interference' like picture in places? Very poor effect, if that's what it is...

Also, does anyone here think the graphics aren't quite as good/polished generally as Vice City (PS2)?

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
gotta say i picked this up on saturday afternoon and never found time to play it until sunday afternoon.

I was quick to drop the original one, due to what i considered poor controls. However this version is much more improved.

My advice stick with the first level, it took me about 5 goes to avoid being driven down. Some of the nice extras are being able to change your clothes and appearances. Also adjust your physique and fighting ability by attending the gym. More realism has been added with the need to feed your character at regular intervals at your favourite fast food outlet (love the chicken one). Yes i agree some of the levels are hard, but i suppose it does build on prior playing experience of the other 2 GTA games.

In the end i clocked up about 4 hours yesterday. Mainly performing illegal activites such as pimping...:D and building up my cash.

anyone been in the terminator2 style storm drain yet?

·
Jay
737 Posts
San Andreas has lost the shine that the cars had when they were far away in Vice City. But its still a great game, its good to be able to see that the cars in the game are like, cartoons of real ones, like the ElCamino Pick up and Honda Civic. Shame to see no minis though!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Damit! I broke my old PS2 (fell off of a bar stool, dont ask...) and was going to wait for the PS3 to come out. Now I have to buy another PS2! :p

·
Maxin' and Relaxin'
423 Posts
i'm stuck on the dancin on the beach mission, (my playstation dancin is as bad as my real life dancin). cant believe there is actually a mission where you have to dance anyway!! prefer shootin / stealin stuff. has anyone done yhis yet?

its the only mission available at the moment, any ideas on what to do? anyone carried out any burglaries yet to pass the time?

·
Jay
737 Posts
R1 R2 L1 X Left Down Right Up Left Down Right Up= $250,000, Full Health, Full Armour, its too hard without the cheats!! Unless Im just rubbish... Im in the 2nd city now :) And ive used the cheat so much for my health and armour, ive got over $124,000,000 :D

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
Fizzle said:
i'm stuck on the dancin on the beach mission, (my playstation dancin is as bad as my real life dancin). cant believe there is actually a mission where you have to dance anyway!! prefer shootin / stealin stuff. has anyone done yhis yet?

its the only mission available at the moment, any ideas on what to do? anyone carried out any burglaries yet to pass the time?
dancing?#@***?

go pimping, taxi driver, or vigilante. much more interesting.

·
Jay
737 Posts
lol, Im useless without cheats, except on gran turismo, I can hold a drift round a corner in a RWD car better than anyone :) Come to think of it... the FWDs do it wuite well too.... although that might just be my IMMENSE driving skill, so dont none of you try it!!

·
Hangin at the Krusty Krab
844 Posts
adamlondon said:
Damit! I broke my old PS2 (fell off of a bar stool, dont ask...) and was going to wait for the PS3 to come out. Now I have to buy another PS2! :p
Worry not. The new PS2 is about 1/4 of the size of the original and has built in ethernet port so it should be easy to justify a new purchase.....

But the real questions is: Is San Andreas coming out on the XBox?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
16 Participants
scooperman_uk
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing