MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Peanut Groupie
1,303 Posts
My better half Peanut has just fitted a powerflow green induction kit to her peugeot 206cc. ok she chose it beacuse it matched the cayman green colour of her car, but in truth it is very good and makes a nice growly noise and she feels it gives it a little extra oomph.

I have a K&n typhoon on my mini which I love, but after driving Peanut's 2.0 litre cc, I'd be happy with a green on my mini. Certainly looks a quality product to me.

·
Registered
270 Posts
nylo said:
that sounds like a good result then. thanks for that. am interested in feedback as it's not a brand you hear a lot about. that sounds positive though, might have to look into it further. Cheers Beastmaster!
I've fit a Green Cone filter in every single MCS intake that we sell. I have found it to work extremly well. With hundreds of intakes sold, and not one complaint regarding the filter.

Thanks
Dan
Pilo Racing
www.piloracing.com

·
MINI2 Regular
34 Posts
Hi nylo,

I have a green panel filter on my 04 MC. Even though its only a panel I easily noticed a difference in the sound level, especially after 3200rpm. As for power gains, I didn't notice a big difference using the butt dyno but there was a slight difference. However, I do now get 3 more mpgs :) . One of my friends has had experience with both a green intake and a k&n and says they are very comparable. So I guess in comes down to personal choice and price. As soon as I have my next photo shoot I will try and get some better pics of mine and maybe a video so you can hear what it sounds like.

I went for the panel because my budget at the time was low, but if you have got the cash I would recommend going for the intake. As you can feel and hear the difference more easily.

Why go green?

Any other questions?
I will try to get the pics and video up soon.

·
Totally Mental!
21,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks TJ. Don't think there are many other questions at the moment. If the k&n and the green are comparable, I'd go for the green, just because i'm a bit perverse! I've actually just got a deal on a pipercross panel filter on ebay, but having read the feedback on the green ones, i'm definitely going tokeep an eye out for one. Panel filter is good enough for me, from what I've read, the benefits of a full induction kit are minimal, although if anyone can tell me otherwise, feel free! Cheers guys!

·
MINI2 Regular
297 Posts
Hey Nylo,
amazing what you can find when you do a search for threads.....this is just what I was looking for though did I read somewhere that you didn't fit Green in the end? Any reason why?
Cheers,
Matt

·
The comedians a bear.
67 Posts
The panel filter fits in into the existing air box and the direct induction kit replaces the standard air box so you can't fit both its one or the other.

The Induction kit should give the better improvement in performance.

·
MINI2 Regular
297 Posts
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh :eek: now I understand!!!!
Let me re-word my question then.....would I notice any difference at all by replacing the OEM panel filter for a Green or K&N one?
The Green Induction Kit apparently gives an extra 3-4bhp which I doubt is that big of a change appart from the extra noise, but I'm guessing the Panel Filter gives less than that right? 2 bhp, 1 bhp? Any change in the feel of the car when accelerating, does it make the car more noisey etc. with just the panel?
Cheers,
Matt

·
MINI2 Regular
297 Posts
Hey Everyone,
after reading other threads, think I'll go for the Pipercross panel filter, seems highly regarded around here!!!!
Anyone care to comment (Nylo?)?
Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just fitted a Pipercross panel filter to my JCW MCS'04 this evening - surprised how easy it was even for a novice like me. Others have said that the Pipercross is the one on the JCW shop website (if they are correct then nigh on £60 is quite a mark up mine was under £30 from CoolNew).

Also surprised that, having paid the extra originally for the jcw kit, to find the original paper filter. You could read it two ways - either JCW are being a bit tight or they are saying that there is not much to choose between paper or foam/cotton etc.

Only used a small amount of spray from the can supplied. Wonder if I'll notice any difference? Might have to wait for the GRS intercooler to be fitted (well its Christmas - nearly).

Thanks to all those who've posted - some great stuff. Must try harder to contribute next year!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have had a Green panel filter for a while now. Noticed a difference in both sound and performance when I fitted it. Also the engine was much smoother. Run it now with a 17% pulley and it is fine....highly recommended mod for a cheap cost and doesn't affect the warranty....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts