MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! I've had an interest in MINIs for more than half my life, so it looks like I will finally be joining the club if all goes well. I currently have an Elise, and my daily driver is a Pontiac G5. My wife has a daily driver Sky Redline, so we are looking at getting rid of the G5 and getting either a Cooper S or a Clubman S. The cooper is cheaper, and I am guessing that the reduced wheelbase improves agility. However, if the change in agility isn't noticeable then the extra room is nice since it will be our 'big' car. So my questions and concerns that I look forward to learning about on hear:

-Difference in character between the clubman and cooper
-eagerness to rev is a huge draw for me. From my cursory searching, these don't have balance shafts (woo!) but I want to verify that and see if any year is more responsive than another either through ETC calibration or mechanicals
-Has anyone been able to fit a pair of snowboards or 29-er mountain bike in either?
-Any years to avoid while trending toward a budget in the low teens?
-Anything else I need to know?

I'm going to start digging in here, but if y'all can give me any direction then it'd be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'd take your boads + bike along to your MAIN DEALER/STEALER and try,after all if they "THINK" your gonna BUY from them,they want you to be "HAPPY"
WELCOME to the site mate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts