MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, this is my 1st time so be kind,i have a 07 mcs silver grey black roof .i decided to change front grills,i want to get rid of chrome trim .put top grill on plus trim strip on bonnet all in black added black spots ,looks so cool .does anybody know how i can take bottom grill off ?do i have to remove bumper ?thanks for any help

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
yep you have to remove the bumper. how come you want to take it off? you want to know how to take the bumper off? its pretty easy

·
Driver
147 Posts
adam you sure you have to take the bumper off? I think you can just jack the car up and get at it from under the car from what I remember, it may be easier to take the bumper off, just more time consuming.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for reply,grill has chrome trim around edge and i want a totally black grill as i have changed top grill and edging strips to black .

·
Registered
6 Posts
can you please tell me how do you get the top bit of the grill off? there's kind of plastic pegs with a metal bit in them...

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
i got a flat screw driver and prized them from the bit behind the bonnet.

and yep im sure the bumper has to come off...well, thats how i would do it, and the way that i think is the easyest.

·
Registered
6 Posts
thanks are they reusable?
sorry for what are prob dumb questions - but i'm cack handed and will no doubt balls it up!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts