MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys

I am looking to start a group buy for R56 Cooper S owners if there is enough interest.

The re-map is usually £395.00 for members, however, if I can get a group together I will offer the following discounts:

MAPPING CARRIED OUT VIA OBD....NO ECU REMOVAL!

Group of 5 = £325.00 all in with before/after dyno power run

Group of 10 = £295.00 all in with before/after dyno power run

Please post here, or e-mail me at [email protected] if you would like to be listed for the group buy.

Includes models with start/stop function :)

Thank you, please see below for the list of members currently added:

1) neilobe - deposit paid
2) Max Hooters
3) robfish1985
4) willc303 - deposit paid
5) MINI T - deposit paid

·
Boosted
480 Posts
Could be a nice little xmas present to myself! :)

·
Boosted
480 Posts
Hmmmm...

I could be interested.....would the remap take into account the new Miltek zorst we just got??

Ken
I think Will goes on a car by car basis, adjusting the map accordantly. He claims 235bhp with a full turbo back Milltek exhaust!

·
Boosted
480 Posts
OBD Tuning! OMG high five Will! How much control do you have of the ECU now? can i stick on a 600hp turbo yet? :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm keen on this but like the other guys would like a few questions answered. So mine combined with the ones in the thread you have not yet answered in an open forum are:

- Does the P-Torque throw CEL's that you know of?

- Advantages of OBD for those not in the know versus say a re-flash or PNP?

- What power will this make on a stock R56 MCS?

- What power will this make on an R56 with a turbo back exhaust?

- How does it work with the stop/start function?

- Do you map each car individually?

- Can the map be returned to standard for dealer servicing and then reinstalled?

- If the battery is disconnected will the tune dissapear?

I'm dead keen to get in on this group buy. Just want some information as above so I know it's what I am looking for.

Cheers

Ben

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm keen on this but like the other guys would like a few questions answered. So mine combined with the ones in the thread you have not yet answered in an open forum are:

- Does the P-Torque throw CEL's that you know of?

- Advantages of OBD for those not in the know versus say a re-flash or PNP?

- What power will this make on a stock R56 MCS?

- What power will this make on an R56 with a turbo back exhaust?

- How does it work with the stop/start function?

- Do you map each car individually?

- Can the map be returned to standard for dealer servicing and then reinstalled?

- If the battery is disconnected will the tune dissapear?

I'm dead keen to get in on this group buy. Just want some information as above so I know it's what I am looking for.

Cheers

Ben
Hi Ben

I will answer your questions in order:

No CEL's at all

OBD tuning makes no difference to us as a tuner, although its nice for the customer to know that the ECU is not removed in order to carry out the tuning

Power differs from car to car, we have seen between 204bhp to 211bhp depending on the cars stock figures

Approx 225 - 230bhp with turbo back exhaust

Start/stop is unaffected

Yes, each car is mapped individually using our stage 1 software

We can change the map back and forth. Flashing to stock is free, flashing back to tuned state is £25.00

No, it will be like the car came out of the factory like it, so the battery has no impact

·
Boosted
480 Posts
Yes, we can tune the JCW, although I haven't had one on the dyno yet, so can't quote figures
Will you not see the same gains as a normal Cooper S? As you are using the same base car just the JCW 192 car has already had a remap all be it not as aggressive?

PS. Will can you get the exhaust to pop and burble like a JCW factory car? from what i read thats all done by some tweaks in the ECU???

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Will you not see the same gains as a normal Cooper S? As you are using the same base car just the JCW 192 car has already had a remap all be it not as aggressive?

PS. Will can you get the exhaust to pop and burble like a JCW factory car? from what i read thats all done by some tweaks in the ECU???
No, gains will differ due to different back pressures etc

You will usually get a little more popping after mapping, although mapping to make a car pop isn't really the done thing :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mark me down.

When is this likely to go ahead.

Waiting on prices for an Alta turbo back as I want a 3 inch system so just want to know some rough timings.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts