MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
I read that thread a couple of days ago and am seriously thinking about getting that style of exhaust but have a couple of concerns:

1) Any idea how noisy it will be? I don't want it to be the only thing I can hear.

2) Have you got a picture of the tailpipe or can you point me in the right direction of one, ive seen it described as TT vent style I think but i'd like to actually see the pipe before commiting.

3) the thread says they will cut the bumper, will you be able to tell they've done this.

I know theres a lot there but I am after one and would be willing to travel down to London as its not that far if its the right system for me and my MINI.

Alex West:confused:

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
MINIALEX said:
I read that thread a couple of days ago and am seriously thinking about getting that style of exhaust but have a couple of concerns:

1) Any idea how noisy it will be? I don't want it to be the only thing I can hear.

2) Have you got a picture of the tailpipe or can you point me in the right direction of one, ive seen it described as TT vent style I think but i'd like to actually see the pipe before commiting.

3) the thread says they will cut the bumper, will you be able to tell they've done this.

I know theres a lot there but I am after one and would be willing to travel down to London as its not that far if its the right system for me and my MINI.

Alex West:confused:

The TT style exhaust you are on about,You do not cut the bumper the exhaust is a direct replacement for the original from the KAT back,I had this exhaust on trial before production and liked it,I did not have it on the Dyno so i have no figures but it did feel better .
My only complaint with the system was that it was too quiet
and so you can now buy it as a one or two silencer system.

:)

·
Registered
984 Posts
surely the exhaust has to be cut as the exhaust has an outlet each side, it would look stupid cut one side and not the other!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I spoke to the bloke in London and he rekons that he has all the tools needed to cut the plastic - i would imagine it would look very similar to the other side and you would probably have to get underneath the car to see it. As for noise levels, i think you can spec it to your liking - although he did say that the noise sounded nice, and not too overpowering. The tail pipes he was quoting for were two round pipes with rounded ends, unfortunately i havent got a pic.

Ibb: only name for defo so far is yours mate!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As you've probably read, if there are a few people then the price comes down. So far, there's me, Ibb (but he's not got his mini yet) and that's about it, so i'm not sure on time. If there is only 3 people the price may be a bit more...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MINIALEX: i've been collecting peoples numbers and when i have a few numbers i'll ring the London branch and they can arrange collecting the 5% downpayment from everyone. If your comfortable with mailing me your number, then send it to [email protected] and when there are enuff people i'll try and sort it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts