MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that during the night, someone broke into my shed and stole a few things including my 17" s spoke mini alloys which were supposed to go back on my car when I give it back to the leasing company :confused:.

i'm hoping they're covered on the house insurance - if they're not I'm going to have to buy a new set from ebay or something.

the alloys had a few minor scuffs and only 4000 miles coverage on the runflats. grrr how annoying!!!

J :(

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
Whoa mate. I only just read about your first misfortune the other day :(

Terrible news :(

·
Registered
312 Posts
:( Awww Jase that's awful, just one thing after another isn't it? Fingers crossed for the insurance! x

·
UberGeek
850 Posts
Your making me /really/ worried now. Time to clear out the garage so I can get my MC back in there.

Sorry to hear the news. Seems that you've got someone watching your house....

-Lee

·
Sergeant Pepper
347 Posts
hey, it might be worth checking ebay out for a set of 17 s spokes for sale.. i dont know if theres any way of identifying your particular ones. spose its okay if house insurance covers it.

·
MINI-no-more
1,415 Posts
:( I'm really sorry to hear this. What is it with people who have this attitude of "why pay for it when you can nick it". The sheer number of recent thefts is scary and :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: es me off :mad:

I hope you can get this sorted through your house insurance.

Good luck
Tink :dark:

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
It'd be nice if they caught the little :bad::bad::bad::bad:ants. But then what? A little rap on the knuckles and they're back to the same thing. That's why they do it. No real punishment.

Sorry to hear that Jason. I can sympathize, been there, had that done to me. It's not a good feeling. You're left with "what if" and "I should have" while the little beggars are scot free with no regrets.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wheels

scooperman_uk said:
makes u wonder if theres any advantage to getting your vehicle reg written on the inside of the rim?

I am new to this site as I have just bought a MCS. I had an R32 before and had the wheels stolen from the backyard of my work.
This is were the bad news comes in my insurance company said I wasn't covered for this due to the fact it was a car item.
I was lucky due to the fact they were a very rare wheel and I had photo of a kurb mark from an ebay advert I was able to get them back as I spotted them on a car driving round my local town.
The moto to this story and yours is to mark them some how so if the policefind them you can identify them because that is he other problem you have to be 100% to claim them back.
Sorry for the bad news but still try your insurance company as yours could be better.

Gadget :dark:

·
Registered
27 Posts
There's a set of them on eBay now as it happens, i saw them this morning. I think they were around £550.

Hope they're not yours...

·
Sullivan Racing
1,117 Posts
Acegadget said:
I am new to this site as I have just bought a MCS. I had an R32 before and had the wheels stolen from the backyard of my work.
This is were the bad news comes in my insurance company said I wasn't covered for this due to the fact it was a car item.
I was lucky due to the fact they were a very rare wheel and I had photo of a kurb mark from an ebay advert I was able to get them back as I spotted them on a car driving round my local town.
The moto to this story and yours is to mark them some how so if the policefind them you can identify them because that is he other problem you have to be 100% to claim them back.
Sorry for the bad news but still try your insurance company as yours could be better.

Gadget :dark:
As an insurance adjuster I can tell you, car parts aren't covered under home owners insurance (at least any I've seen here in the States). :( Sorry.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i dont think the thefts were linked because my vents got stolen in a near empty car park and there would be no way of anyone knowing what was in the shed unless they opened it. just an opportunist i think.

thanks all for your comments. i am about to speak to the insurance company!! wish me luck

J

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
Sorry to hear that matey-Whats going on at the moment with all these MINI related thefts :(

Well just keep a close eye on Ebay ;)

·
Sullivan Racing
1,117 Posts
jasonfields007 said:
well i dont think the thefts were linked because my vents got stolen in a near empty car park and there would be no way of anyone knowing what was in the shed unless they opened it. just an opportunist i think.

thanks all for your comments. i am about to speak to the insurance company!! wish me luck

J
If your homeowners doesn't cover it, you may just want to check your auto insurance.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
23 Participants
Mini Cruiser
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing