MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had an appointment with Ray West today :D , all I can do is highly recommend him, I’ve had my car on 3 different rolling roads, all the operators would say is ‘it’s a bit low on power, seen more bhp from others with this set up!!’ :( :( , within half an hour and a cup of tea from Ray he spotted the problem, the seal between the supercharger and the throttle body was leaking!!

So this afternoon I had my MSC apart and hopefully fixed it, not the easiest job :eek: , but one of the technician from the BMW garage showed me what to do, which certainly help! :cool:

·
Registered
295 Posts
GRSmotorsport said:
Had an appointment with Ray West today :D , all I can do is highly recommend him, I’ve had my car on 3 different rolling roads, all the operators would say is ‘it’s a bit low on power, seen more bhp from others with this set up!!’ :( :( , within half an hour and a cup of tea from Ray he spotted the problem, the seal between the supercharger and the throttle body was leaking!!

So this afternoon I had my MSC apart and hopefully fixed it, not the easiest job :eek: , but one of the technician from the BMW garage showed me what to do, which certainly help! :cool:
Hi Graham,

Glad you've you've managed to find out what the problem is on your MCS :)

I too can vouch for Ray - he is a really nice bloke who certainly knows his cars. As you may or may not now, I am just about to do a group buy of various West Tuning products including engine conversions, brakes and exhausts. I should have this group buy running early next week. I've not heard one bad word against him or his company - the mans a ledge :p :p

Hope you manage to fix your problem. By the way, your intercooler is next on my wish list - a very cool product at an extremely competitive price. :D

Cheers, LB.

·
Registered
532 Posts
glad to hear this... hope you get it fixed as soon as possible :)

btw my rims will be here by tomorrow.. in gold though, will see how it will go.
will have some pics as soon as possible.... wish me luck.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
uae mini said:
glad to hear this... hope you get it fixed as soon as possible :)

btw my rims will be here by tomorrow.. in gold though, will see how it will go.
will have some pics as soon as possible.... wish me luck.
I had to order a new plastic boost pipe from the throttle body to the supercharger and a new seal, I'll be fitting these new parts Thursday, ready for the rolling road shoot out Saturday fingers crossed......................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts