MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had an appointment with Ray West today :D , all I can do is highly recommend him, I’ve had my car on 3 different rolling roads, all the operators would say is ‘it’s a bit low on power, seen more bhp from others with this set up!!’ :( :( , within half an hour and a cup of tea from Ray he spotted the problem, the seal between the supercharger and the throttle body was leaking!!

So this afternoon I had my MSC apart and hopefully fixed it, not the easiest job :eek: , but one of the technician from the BMW garage showed me what to do, which certainly help! :cool:

·
Registered
295 Posts
GRSmotorsport said:
Had an appointment with Ray West today :D , all I can do is highly recommend him, I’ve had my car on 3 different rolling roads, all the operators would say is ‘it’s a bit low on power, seen more bhp from others with this set up!!’ :( :( , within half an hour and a cup of tea from Ray he spotted the problem, the seal between the supercharger and the throttle body was leaking!!

So this afternoon I had my MSC apart and hopefully fixed it, not the easiest job :eek: , but one of the technician from the BMW garage showed me what to do, which certainly help! :cool:
Hi Graham,

Glad you've you've managed to find out what the problem is on your MCS :)

I too can vouch for Ray - he is a really nice bloke who certainly knows his cars. As you may or may not now, I am just about to do a group buy of various West Tuning products including engine conversions, brakes and exhausts. I should have this group buy running early next week. I've not heard one bad word against him or his company - the mans a ledge :p :p

Hope you manage to fix your problem. By the way, your intercooler is next on my wish list - a very cool product at an extremely competitive price. :D

Cheers, LB.

·
Registered
532 Posts
glad to hear this... hope you get it fixed as soon as possible :)

btw my rims will be here by tomorrow.. in gold though, will see how it will go.
will have some pics as soon as possible.... wish me luck.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
uae mini said:
glad to hear this... hope you get it fixed as soon as possible :)

btw my rims will be here by tomorrow.. in gold though, will see how it will go.
will have some pics as soon as possible.... wish me luck.
I had to order a new plastic boost pipe from the throttle body to the supercharger and a new seal, I'll be fitting these new parts Thursday, ready for the rolling road shoot out Saturday fingers crossed......................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
GRSmotorsport
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing