MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Red Hot,,,,, it is round section ,so will have a GT Tuning sticker rather than a metal badge. You can peel off if not wanted.
QUOTE]

Go on Roland, make some curved Stainless Steel badges to fit the round bar. That would look so good when you open the boot :nice::biggrin:.
Or you could engrave them with GTT badge :cool:

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
Ah yes, but metal badges and engraving wouldn't do much to actually help the product perform and would put up the cost of the brace. :hmph: If you really want to go down that route, make it an optional extra so that others can get the sticker-version and keep the price down. ;) :D

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hi, can someone (Rakey:))with a GP have a look and see if the 2xM8 captive nuts each side are there.
These are the ones that the bracket/eye bolts to on 4 seater cars.
Even better a couple of pics aswell and I can hopefully tell from that. :smile:

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Hi, can someone (Rakey:))with a GP have a look and see if the 2xM8 captive nuts each side are there.
These are the ones that the bracket/eye bolts to on 4 seater cars.
Even better a couple of pics aswell and I can hopefully tell from that. :smile:
I'll have a look when I go out in a bit if no-one else gets back to you by then and let you know Roland;)

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks Rakey. Snowie has just kindly had a look and it appears it is quite different so no GP brace yet guys. We may be able to design one for the GP though with it bolting right through into the wheel arch. We did a similar thing on the R5's.:smile:

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Oh thats a shame, but I'll keep an eye out for that in future then Roland, as I love the braces that I have so far from you:)

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
as for the GTT badge, all you need is a plastic mount for the badge, something that can be made from a household item, like a small plastic box or something. Just need to cut one of the flat sides to fit around the tube, then use the remaining flat side to fix the badge.

Or.... just use a little bit of silicone sealer ;)

Cheers,
K.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
:cool:Hi the GTT Boot brace sits at the same height as the seat back hook/catchs, so I would say looking at your pic would e fine as is with your fuel cell.

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
Sorry Roland one final question does the install require any cutting?
Nope, no cutting required. I'm utterly hopeless with DIY and terrified at the prospect, but even I managed to install it in under 15 minutes. ;)

Here's the fool-proof procedure:
  • Put your back seats down flat
  • Unscrew and remove the hooks that your seats latch into
  • Lift the boot brace into position and insert holding bolts
  • Tighten all the bolts - some of the plastic trim will be pressed in a little by the brace, don't panic.
  • Go for a quick drive
  • Re-tighten all the bolts
  • Put rear seats back up
  • And in the style of Gordon Ramsay: "Installation of the GTT Boot Brace? Done."
All the best,
Andrew.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nope, no cutting required. I'm utterly hopeless with DIY and terrified at the prospect, but even I managed to install it in under 15 minutes. ;)

Here's the fool-proof procedure:
  • Put your back seats down flat
  • Unscrew and remove the hooks that your seats latch into
  • Lift the boot brace into position and insert holding bolts
  • Tighten all the bolts - some of the plastic trim will be pressed in a little by the brace, don't panic.
  • Go for a quick drive
  • Re-tighten all the bolts
  • Put rear seats back up
  • And in the style of Gordon Ramsay: "Installation of the GTT Boot Brace? Done."
All the best,
Andrew.
Thanks! :D
All I have to do now is order one...

21 - 40 of 52 Posts