MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Sef im going to be the owner of a GTT CAI soon and I wondered if those of you who have one could you post a pic up of your engine bay so I could see how its fitted?:confused:

Any tips or recommendations would be highly appreciated!:D

Thanks!

·
:: 32mpg woo! ::
1,023 Posts
Here are some pictures of mine, not as impressive as the previous pics though, as at the moment the GTT CAI is my only modification under the bonnet.

Just incase you are wondering, I bought it second hand.... so its not that clean and there is a cutout just waiting to be filled with a GTT Strut Brace when I can afford it!

I love the sound, and fitting shouldn't be too much of a problem as I fitted mine myself without tooooo much difficulty.

Click the link below my sig for a little teaser as to the noises you can expect once it's fitted:D

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts

·
231bhp on Lohen's dyno
1,741 Posts
Beauty!!! What are your views on it?:wink:
Love it:biggrin: Fitting was fairly straightforward (i did have the instructions though:p) I already had the Aerobox strutbrace so ordered the CAI with cut-outs. You really notice the enhanced supercharger whine when giving it some beans, you can't really hear it at normal speeds.

Good luck fitting it, I'm sure you won't have a problem:wink:

Cheers

John

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts
Spot on mate!!!

That is really helpful, looks like I'm going to have to by a good drill bit to drill those holes at the back of the air box!! Thanks alot for posting that up, I really appreciate it!

Looks like it will only take a few mins to assemble which is good!!
Its a very very simple install so you'll be fine and the big holes are optional. Only required if you want the extra cold air supply from the cawl area. Roland did mine.....

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its a very very simple install so you'll be fine and the big holes are optional. Only required if you want the extra cold air supply from the cawl area. Roland did mine.....
Do you have to tell your insurance company about this mod??

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yep. it stands out being blue and my insurance went down on a GTT230 MINI
What do you say when you call them?

Hi, Ive put a CAI on the car so when I go faster it whines even louder, but dont worry ...it doesnt add any BHP??:confused:

·
Overly excited!!
1,364 Posts
What do you say when you call them?

Hi, Ive put a CAI on the car so when I go faster it whines even louder, but dont worry ...it doesnt add any BHP??:confused:
Yup.

Dont forget to use a hole saw to drill some holes in the scuttle area. Be VERY careful to to hit anything with the drill, like to brake pipes.

Its a very simple install. Shouldnt take you more than 20 minutes.

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yup.

Dont forget to use a hole saw to drill some holes in the scuttle area. Be VERY careful to to hit anything with the drill, like to brake pipes.

Its a very simple install. Shouldnt take you more than 20 minutes.
Cheers, I better declare my Miltek at the same time I suppose!!!:rolleyes:

Yeah the driling is the only bit that I'm worried about. Looks like I've got to go out and by the drill bit to cut the holes!!!!

Thanks

·
Overly excited!!
1,364 Posts
Surely someone has a hole saw you can use? Its not like cutting plastic with it will wear it out at all. Just go slowly, and dont push too hard. Let the hole saw do the work.

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Guess I Will have to ask arround, if not. Would a stanley knife go through if i had a template? Or is the plastic to thick???

1 - 20 of 56 Posts