MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
fully ISO 3103 Compliant
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning a bloke reversed into me and my 4 month old MINI and I have been left with a nasty white scratch on a bumper that is about a foot long and and a bent black bottom louve.
The scratch I think with wash off, but the louve needs replacing, anyone know if you can just replace that bit and how much it'll cost, or do I have to get a new bumper?
I did get his details but I can't talk to MINI insurance until Monday :(

The worst bit is that I can't believe he hit a bright yellow car that was 2 foot behind his car, and I'm gutted. I just feel sorry for MINI.

·
Overboosting.....
3,392 Posts
Unlucky :(

Don't know how much it is but I doubt it will be that expensive

Hope it gets sorted soon
Olly

·
World Wide Flying Ace
830 Posts
Bad luck m8. Thats a real shame.
Hope it isn't too expensive to repair. At least nobody was injured thankfully..

·
Registered
112 Posts
maxsendq said:
This morning a bloke reversed into me and my 4 month old MINI and I have been left with a nasty white scratch on a bumper that is about a foot long and and a bent black bottom louve.
The scratch I think with wash off, but the louve needs replacing, anyone know if you can just replace that bit and how much it'll cost, or do I have to get a new bumper?
I did get his details but I can't talk to MINI insurance until Monday :(

The worst bit is that I can't believe he hit a bright yellow car that was 2 foot behind his car, and I'm gutted. I just feel sorry for MINI.
I believe a saw a post w/in the last couple of months that said the black strip under the bumper was real inexpensive when it was replaced. I forget the actual price, but I know that it wasn't much. I'm going to look and see if I can find the post.

And, I'm sorry folks can't seem to watch out for other people's things - same over here, folks don't really care. I park my MINI a long way away from everybody else if I have a chance or I just keep driving if that's not an option.

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
Rotten luck.
Hopefully it was light enough a whack you just has plastic damage and nothing metal got bent.
Best of luck.

·
fully ISO 3103 Compliant
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jasonfields007 said:
sorry to hear about your knock. i don't think it will be an expensive repair. was their much damage to the other geezers car just out of interest?

J
His was an old mondao I think. ( actaully I can't remember I am told I just kept repeating " My poor MINI" ) and no there wasn't any damage to him. Just lots of noise.
The Bumper was covered in white stuff, but I can/have washed it off.

I will take it to the dealer so he can check for anything else on thursday.
Still feeling for MINI

·
M5 Extraordinare!
6,796 Posts
Ouch.. sorry to hear... :(

maxsendq said:
Sorry but whats the louve?

·
fully ISO 3103 Compliant
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
EBMCS03 said:
Ouch.. sorry to hear... :(

Sorry but whats the louve?
Here is a picture its not my car, I got the image from the gallery.

The circle is the louve and where it is damaged, and the rectangle is where the white stuff has appeared.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sorry to hear that too. You're lukcy the accident sounds minor. My first accident was 2.5 months ago and will cost over $10,000 CAD in parts alone to fix. I've been without my car for that 2.5 months and counting :(

·
Registered
156 Posts
I totally agree with you, people just don't look where they are going lately. I was literally run over on the front left side of my Mini on 4/1/04 and that was $6000.00 and 4 weeks without my car. had to replace the hood and inner panel, also my xenon headlight. then 2 weeks ago I have had my car back less then 2 months and I got rearended on my way home from work. another $1500.00 worth of damage done. I take extremely good care with my car and watch the bigger cars around me when I can, but both of these accidents were from them not paying attention. with the last accident I have to wait until the end of this month to even get it fixed, so I get to drive around with a big dent in my rear bumper and scratched and cracked paint, it really bites when you take care of something and others can care less. like my Husband says at least no one was hurt. {just extremely ticked off}

Bobbie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
13 Participants
bobbiej
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing