MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I have a 53 S and a small piece of plastic that covers the junction between the roof gutter, windscreen and A-pillar, has fallen off! (or been nicked!)

My main dealer has told me that I have to buy a whole new gutter kit @ £42! Just crazy because all I need is the small plastic cover!

Can anyone tell me if a can get just the cover from somewhere and not the whole gutter kit? I was looking on ebay, where its called a 'joining clip' or 'finishing clip' for the Classic Mini, but not the new one.

Please help, I love my Mini but can't be spending £42 for a small piece of plastic!

Thanks in advance!

Vicky

·
Factory JCW
658 Posts
That is correct Mini will only sell you the whole piece, the whole long side of roof trim with this joining piece . I had mine stolen off my old s a few years ago, got a piece from a local scrap yard at the time, id say that was your best bet, and cheaper..;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
that is exactly what i am after, any luck with finding one ? i am also looking for it if you come across a site or seller who is selling it please let me know aswell.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
£42 THAT IS RIDICULOUS - with my mini this part (the corner piece is what i am assuming you are talking about) started to come off leaving it flapping about, i took it into BMW so they could fix it (I LOVE WARRANTY) anyways i took my car to BMW and they had to order the part in, when the part was fitted it had obviously been IMO boged, there wasnow a hole as the trim was to short! I had a stone chip in my window and obviously had to get a new windscreen and asked the autoglass bloke about the trim piece, he had a trim piece and did a brilliant job and it didnt cost me anything so best bet is to probably order one from a windscreen repair place.

Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts