MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
bepmoc-er
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm likely to be ordering our MOC this coming weekend so need some advice!

What are my chances of getting some pennies off of the order? me being me means that I'm not really going to want to pay full price if I can help it! We're going for a fairly basic spec with metallic paint (BEP), manual air con, TLC, and maybe some chrome bits as the only options (have some alloys already :) ). We can save around £50-60 (and get a full tank of pertrol!) buy buying through Oneswoop (still UK BMW supplied full warranty etc) but will have to travel 70 miles or so to collect so it really isnt worth the bother. I've heard some dealers will give free tlc and maybe more?

What shall I hold out for? there's a few dealers round my way so it doesnt matter too much shopping around tho its not worth travelling the length of the country for twenty quid!

Thanks for your comments. top forum!

·
Armed to the teeth
182 Posts
You won't get anything, well anything spectacular, discount wise or freebies.
I got 10% off some car mats - whoopie doo.

You'll pay full price.

·
Registered
243 Posts
you'll get nothing off the price of the car i tried 3 different dealers and they all say the same thing! they'd rather you walk out of the showroom without placing an order than knock £10 off the price! I couldn't believe them i don't think mini dealers care if you buy a car from them or not to be honest.

·
Registered
56 Posts
We were pretty lucky then as we ordered a MO and a MCS from the same dealer and got £250 off each car. My girlfriends MO is due at the end of this month and I'm collecting mine in Jan...

·
Registered
193 Posts
At the dealer where I am getting my MCSC, every car that is coming in is an order for allocations two or three months away. I doubt with that kind of waiting list that they are too concerned with giving you any incentives to buy now. They know that if you want a convertible any time soon then you are also more than likely willing to pay full price. If not, wait for a year or so when the convertibles aren't new and then go back and talk price. If you shop around enough, you might find a dealer willing to haggle with you, but my guess would be get ready to pay full price. This is the first car that I have EVER paid full price for.

·
bepmoc-er
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats the 'thing' I'm happy to pay full price if I have to but if if I dont then I wont! If I order now it will be on a Jan/Feb build so will hopefully be ready for the new registrations at the start of march or soon after. I know that they will never struggle to sell but I'd have thought that one dealer might try to deal in order to get the sale over another?

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
I got TLC thrown in for free (100 GBP) and got the price of a dealer fit Sony headunit reduced.........

Overall, I probably saved a whopping 150 GBP!!

Good luck!

·
Registered
193 Posts
i think minicabrio might have hit on an area that you might be able to barter a bit. those extra packages!

the dealers get some pretty nice profits on the bling bling, and with all the aftermarket stuff available, you might be able to get them to come down a bit on that stuff. might have to do a bit of bartering on that myself.

·
bepmoc-er
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To all you non believers....
Have so far managed to knock £105 off the list price and a full tank of fuel(!) from a local dealer and get a decent delivery time just by the power of email!
There may be more to come tho I'm happy with that tbh! :D

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Me and my forceful mother when buying my MO (not cabrio) got about £350 off just by visiting 3 dealers in one day. The first said he give us the TLC for free then next dealer said they don't add the fuel prices on top so thats another £50 off then the next dealer ordered all my options on the old price list instread of the new price list which was another £150 off! Not bad well done to my mother! The finance guy was shocked by the price I got it for! £11,450 car for £11,110 not bad going I think! You can do it but mine was a hard top not a cabrio not sure how willing they are to budge on them. My mum was then going to buy herself one so took my order contact along to the dealer and they were happy to give her one at the same price! But she didn't in the end the MX5 won her over!

·
Looking good in MOC
141 Posts
I was real lucky. As the dealer i bought my car from is one of my best mates he got me 2% off of my moc. I ordered in June and took delivery 1st Sept, it was his last build slot for the year. He then sorted out a corporate fincance deal on the car so its costing me less over the 3 years. All in all with everyting i spec'ed (think i just missed off heated seats, full leather, zenons and auto air con) it still came out to a whopping £19K. But i love it and wouldn't change it fir the world. With the deal my mate done me he didn't put it through his boss and could have potentially lost his job over it. As it happens the boss left before i took delivery so everything was hunky dorey

I think the few people who have got money off were extremly lucky. My mate sold his demo car at list. They didn't even knock anything off for the bloke who brought it, even though it had 4000 miles on the clock.

·
bepmoc-er
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know, I'm testing a MOC this Saturday with 1000 miles on it and July registered. Its selling for more than i'm paying for a new 'un!

·
Registered
401 Posts
hmmm

Your car didn't come with a full tank of gas? I thought picking up a car, the tank should always be full. I even said to my dealer when picked it up and it had 67 miles left before it was out of gas, to fill it up.

Howard

·
Registered
440 Posts
convertible said:
Try www.drivethedeal.com who are quoting the basic MOC with a £290.70 discount with proportional savings on extras.
Wow... that site calculated a 477 quid saving on my spec MCC that I'm picking up later this month.... you think its likely that I can talk the price down that much? What about if I'm part exing my current mini in??

·
bepmoc-er
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well so far I'm on a £180 saving from the local-ish dealer (delivered to my door first of March) versus 330 from drivethedeal (delivery time unknown-yet) either way its all good :)

I suggest some polite negotiating to those who said 'you'll pay full price" ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Most convertible buyers from the german forum (http://forum.mini2ig.de) got a 5% discount of the list price. I got 3,5% myself plus a full tank at delivery and the first service after 15.000 km for free. It always depends on the popularity of the car. If they sell it like hot cakes they don't have any reason to give discounts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm picking up my new MMC in 45 mintes! There were no negotiations - we paid the sticker price - purchased at a dealer in Mahwah, NJ.

I'll be cruising all weekend... Can't wait.. tick. tick. tick...

:)

Jersey Girl

1 - 18 of 18 Posts