MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to order a MCS today from Priory got nothing free, they wouldn't even through in the bonnet stripes for free! ...so i went to Fawdington Mini and samething again!

My question is, am i hoping for too much to get free bonnet stripes and the TLC pack??

I'm planning on spending £18k on it and i'm paying cash no part ex. I would have expected it to have been easy to get £150 worth of extras free but it was like getting blood out of a stone!

I left without ordering now i'm thinking is it worth trying Mill Mini? or is it going to be the same story.

What am i doing wrong??? I've seen loads of people on here that got at least the TLC free, is it just Newcastle dealers are tighter??

·
Because I Am !!??
240 Posts
My mate down south has found the same thing. He is haggling over £170.00, the total cost of the car is £19,170.00 and all he wants is them to knock the £170.00 off to make a nice round figure and he has got any where with his local dealer, he has been to other dealers in the area and the best he can get is TLC thrown in......... £19,070.00 ??!! Still wants the extra £70.00 off to clinch the deal but they won't move !!!
Must be a Mini thing ??!!
Gordo

·
Maxin' and Relaxin'
423 Posts
i tried both priory and fawdingtons when ordering in jan and got the same response. ended up going to priory as the service was a lot better and after i'd ordered the car i realised they had chucked in the tlc for free!!

·
0.1mpg (Miles per Grin)
281 Posts
Walk away...

...there are loads of MINI dealers. Look as far afield as possible and treat the drive home as part of the running-in. Someone will give you a freebie.

Ask them for a full tank of fuel as opposed to 1/2 of one; ask to pay with a credit card that will give you loads of loyalty points for whatever you are saving for.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fizzle said:
i tried both priory and fawdingtons when ordering in jan and got the same response. ended up going to priory as the service was a lot better and after i'd ordered the car i realised they had chucked in the tlc for free!!
I actually had the test drive at priory and liked the staff there but i've seen that Priory doesn't have a body shop on site and fawdingtons does so i was thinking about going with fawdingtons for that reason. I still plan on ordering an MCS but i'll have to change my options i.e. drop the sunroof and spend cash on a Denison iPod Link and TomTom Go.

Its stuff like "I realised they had chucked in the tlc for free!!" part that i don't get they seem to give it away lots without much fuss, but i was getting told even bonnet stripes was a big NO as they don't give discounts to anyone. i mentioned all the people on mini2 that had got free stuff and i got the reply even my poor father had to pay full price (like i believe that!!).

·
Master of the Lost Boys
947 Posts
I got my first mini at Priory 3 and half years ago but I bought the last elsewhere try further afield, Ive got 2 cabs , one from Devon & the other from Lancashire, both go into Priory, Silverlink for tweaks/faults etc and will get serviced by them. The further out you buy the car the more helpful they are, - Try Inverness or Scotland - serious.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts