MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Official Pimp of Mini2
4,001 Posts
I need a new graphics card for my PC to play HL2 I could run it on Medium but I want Ultra :D

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Rich_IX said:
I need a new graphics card for my PC to play HL2 I could run it on Medium but I want Ultra :D
Geforce 6800 is the one you want then or the 6800GT depending on how much £££ you want to spend.:D

·
BMW Traitor
1,192 Posts
The game is out for sale at most stores BUT it looks like it won't be unlocked until the 16th! Got my copy installed and ready...just needs to be unlocked...so painful. At least I can play CS:Source! haha

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
got an email to say mines shipping today. looking forward to being freeman again :eek: if the game turns out to be anything the demo videos that have been floating around for the last 2 years it will ace.

might have to upgrade my graphic card too.

Nvidia gforce 4 TI 256mb is my current card, it sucked a bit at DOOM3 and had to be turned down a few pegs.

anyone got any recommends for a thundering new graphics card?:eek:

·
Astro
295 Posts
the game is excelent, it plays really well, tho i think the 800XT would help hehe, best game ive played in a long long long time... since HL1 i think!

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
i agree this game is one of the best ive played. 40 million to produce and 6 years in the making. the new graphics engine is great. this is a must for all 3d gamers.

ive played it for about 4 hours and just entered raven. dont u just love the anti-gravity gun, when combined with circular saw blades :D

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
scooperman_uk said:
i agree this game is one of the best ive played. 40 million to produce and 6 years in the making. the new graphics engine is great. this is a must for all 3d gamers.

ive played it for about 4 hours and just entered raven. dont u just love the anti-gravity gun, when combined with circular saw blades :D
Is a joystick a must for this game?

·
Registered
126 Posts
actually most FPS games (First Person Shooter) are more easily controlled with a combination of the mouse and keyboard. with the keyboard you control forward/backwards and side-to-side movement (usually with w, a, s, and d) and you control where you look with the mouse. Back in the days of Doom and Quake I used to just use the keyboard, but when Quake 2 came around and you really had a reason to start looking up and down for enemies I adapted to the mouse/keyboard setup.
Usually a joystick isn't the best choice for a FPS game because it limits to only 2 axes of motion at a given time (with the exception of the gamepads on consoles now that have multiple thumb joysticks).

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The physics are amazing, the havoc engine really works well. It is great fun blasting paint cans at enemies with the gravity gun.
:D :D

I wonder if anyone will make a racing mod with a mini in it ;)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts