MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, im debating which lip/splitter/front spoiler (however u wanan call it) should i get
heard the Hamman cracks easily ?!
hows the M7 one?
what are some advices and suggestionss?
thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
The M7 one is less prone to cracking because it isnt as low as the hamann....and it offers more performance because you are able to adjust the angle up to 10 degrees to create more or less downforce. In my opinion, the Hamann gives better looks, but the M7 seems to be more streetable, and performance oriented

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
I have the Hamman on my Works. Its had loads of abuse (speed bumps, kerbs, 150mph runs, track days etc etc). Its never cracked, and looks the business.

Its TUV approved, which usually means its fit for purpose and properly tested. I have heard of one breaking, but only one.

·
Un-Banned
1,999 Posts
I made this one after my M7 one broke off at high speed :(
It did'nt have enough of a lip unforunately, maybe its just my driving :rolleyes:
Is'nt their a Hamann copy CF splitter around?? That would'nt crack

·
Registered
624 Posts
Tony*t3 said:
I have the Hamman on my Works. Its had loads of abuse (speed bumps, kerbs, 150mph runs, track days etc etc). Its never cracked, and looks the business.

Its TUV approved, which usually means its fit for purpose and properly tested. I have heard of one breaking, but only one.
same here..
my hamman is holding up well, and i prefer the look of that over the m7 (well maybe if i see the m7 in person it would be different)

·
Dating my S
587 Posts
cf should be technically stronger than fiberglass (not sure and not remember what the hamann lip is made of) but it all also depends on how well the weave is... if cf weave is nice (like bfp prodcuts) then it should stand quite a beating

my biggest concern however is both ripping off during high speed..... the good thing with the hamann and the replica is that they can both be taken out quite easily.. while the m7 does require drilling

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
kyriian said:
cf should be technically stronger than fiberglass (not sure and not remember what the hamann lip is made of) but it all also depends on how well the weave is... if cf weave is nice (like bfp prodcuts) then it should stand quite a beating

my biggest concern however is both ripping off during high speed..... the good thing with the hamann and the replica is that they can both be taken out quite easily.. while the m7 does require drilling

it takes 10 minutes to return a car fitted with the hamman back to standard, with no permanent, visible damage (little holes in bumper...)

·
Registered
82 Posts
whats the price difference of the hamann and the replica?

i guess hamann would be better if you want to match the body color of your car, if you don't mind then go for the replica. (assumin there is a huge different in price between the replica and hamann)

·
Registered
624 Posts
kyriian said:

i think as long as it is secured properly with proper bolts, the hamann shouldn't have any problems during high speed :D
have been using it for a few track days with speed of 200+
no signs of problems :rolleyes:
as for the price difference between replica and the original, i don't know about the price of the replica , but i got my hamann for a quiet reasonable price (abit more than $250 US)
i don't know if its real or not that it actually does help to produce more downforce, since i haven't compare it side by side, but i do remember reading some post that it actually does help :p

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
MX100 said:
whats the price difference of the hamann and the replica?

i guess hamann would be better if you want to match the body color of your car, if you don't mind then go for the replica. (assumin there is a huge different in price between the replica and hamann)

The thing about the Hamman is that you have to add the cost of prefessional painting. Its suseptable to stone chips too, which is why mine (I have the original hamman painted black) needs repainting. Again. The CF one should look just as good 12 months from now as when new.

M7 have just refused to think about shipping me one to here in the UK - how short sighted is that? They say its because of the size of the item, but hey, I can't see an issue personally. You would need to box it securly to post it within the States, and I'm willing to pay the postage, so why can't they just send it? :confused:

·
MINI2 Lover
463 Posts
cuz their shop is a back of JOE'S mommy's van with the engine running.. They're just too fat and lazy..Wat kind of service is tat?? Let's all boycot..is tat who u spell it? BOYCOT M7!! :D:D

this spell check is USELESS...anyone notice this? hehe

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
I made a error, its not M7 that have refused to send, its JSCSpeed that refused to send the Hamman copy. My applolgies to M7, please don't boycot them!!!!!

Thinking about it, whats the legal status with promoting the Hamman copy anyway? Is it with Hammans permision. I just wished Hamman made this in CF, rather than white fibre glass (when the paint chips, the white shows thru... :(

·
"knucklehead"
1,206 Posts
my splitter and diffuser...

this is my front splitter and rear diffuser... and i also added some lip spoiler to the existing rear spoiler... just want to show it to you guys... tnx. check my gallery for other pics... :)

Attachments

·
Dating my S
587 Posts
anyone with the real hamann splitter please tell me how tall is the splitter itself.. like how much clearance do you have under the car with the splitter on?

thanks

1 - 20 of 34 Posts