MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
MINIstry of Fun
Joined
·
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Cooper 'S' finally cracks a mention on the Australian web site, but there is scant info on the 'S', apart from the photo shoot intro (which can't be skipped over).

Still waiting fellas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
eltel said:
The Cooper 'S' finally cracks a mention on the Australian web site, but there is scant info on the 'S', apart from the photo shoot intro (which can't be skipped over).

Still waiting fellas.
Did you receive a parcel from BMW eltel. i've got one waiting at the post office to pick up, and BMW are the only ones sending me parcels these days. Maybe it's the S info pack if they've updated the www.mini.com.au web site.

The least they could do is inform their customers it's been updated.......sigh.

cheers mate

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
eltel said:
The Cooper 'S' finally cracks a mention on the Australian web site, but there is scant info on the 'S', apart from the photo shoot intro (which can't be skipped over).

Still waiting fellas.

Yep, just checked the ol web site.......pppe really.

Never mind........it's a good sign.

cheers
 

·
MINIstry of Fun
Joined
·
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Basil, I too received a parcel from BMW/MINI, but no, it's not anything to do with the 'S'. In fact, it's quite a large calendar that has 12 good photos of Ones and Coopers, with difficult to read dates.

Again, I wish they would put this sort of money into the car, and give us a better base spec.

Thanks BMW/MINI, I do appreciate your effort. Keep those cards and letters coming.

ElTel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
eltel said:
Basil, I too received a parcel from BMW/MINI, but no, it's not anything to do with the 'S'. In fact, it's quite a large calendar that has 12 good photos of Ones and Coopers, with difficult to read dates.

Again, I wish they would put this sort of money into the car, and give us a better base spec.

Thanks BMW/MINI, I do appreciate your effort. Keep those cards and letters coming.

ElTel
Ohhh.......ok, thanks. Well I could do with a new calender.

Don't forget the "free" foglights.........:D

cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Think BMW has forgotten about me :(
i havn't heard from them since i got there christmas card in the shape of a star
Anyone been contacted on dates for test drives?
Cause i showed my intrest for the S at the launch and asked to be sent details on the S if and when they got them, and dates for any test drives.

I think they mite of not botherd cause i looked young :(

hate it when people stereotype
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
DraiN said:
Think BMW has forgotten about me :(
i havn't heard from them since i got there christmas card in the shape of a star
Anyone been contacted on dates for test drives?
Cause i showed my intrest for the S at the launch and asked to be sent details on the S if and when they got them, and dates for any test drives.

I think they mite of not botherd cause i looked young :(

hate it when people stereotype
G'day Drain. Whereabouts in Australia are you ?.

If you've paid a deposit for a Cooper or an S, I think you will get more attention. There are four members here that I know of, and three of those paid deposits and got their Model Coopers for christmas, and now an 11 month calendar, which I am yet to pick up.

As far as test drives are concerned, snoopy here got a drive of a press car, but I missed out by the skin of my teeth. In Brisbane at least there will be a MINI weekend of the 3/4th March. Most of BMW's customers Coopers will be there, and also demo drives of the Cooper will be available shortly after these dates. A Cooper S Demo is supposed to be available in April.

Don't fret over lack of info on the S. Depositees haven't got any yet either.

If your in Brisbane, send me a pm or an e-mail, and I'll put you in touch with someone at Brisbane BMW ok.

I'm sure the fact that you look young has nothing to do with it. I'm nearly 39, but only look about 20 ( :D ) so i'm sure all you need to do is make your presence a bit more high profile. Most of use here paid deposits without a drive simply because we fell in love with the car....

cheers mate


[email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Basil,

I not sure if you counted me as one who has put a deposit down for the S. I put my deposit down in August. I have not received the calendar as of yet, but my dealer did send me the mini cd, very intresting. Have you received one?

I only had to put a $500 deposit down and my dealer told me the other day would not require anymore deposit only pay in full when I receive the car.

Andy :p :D :D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
MINICS said:
Basil,

I not sure if you counted me as one who has put a deposit down for the S. I put my deposit down in August. I have not received the calendar as of yet, but my dealer did send me the mini cd, very intresting. Have you received one?

I only had to put a $500 deposit down and my dealer told me the other day would not require anymore deposit only pay in full when I receive the car.

Andy :p :D :D :D :D
No sorry mate, I didn't....thats one more depositee.

No, no CD. Does it have any S info on it ?

Might be with the calendar. Strange that it's a parcel! Oh well, find out tomorrow.

$500AU....well done.

cheers mate.

So:

Snoopy, hasn't placed a deposit yet, but got a drive. (Cooper)
eltel, paid his deposit for his S.
MINICS, paid his (small !! ) deposit for his S.
rich, paid his $1000 for his S, had a drive in the UK. (Cooper)
Basil, paid his $1000 for his S. Just missed out on a drive.
DraiN, who needs to pay his deposit to get more attention from Mr BMW.

Hmmm......which other ozzies here have I missed I wonder.
 

·
MINIstry of Fun
Joined
·
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
OZ Deposits

Basil, I lodged $500 deposit for my 'S' in Nov, and I suspect that the dealer wants either $500 or $1500 more when taking the build order in March/April.

Regards ElTel

PS The MINI CD is 5 tracks, 4 contempory (not bad), and one early George Benson playing a Wes Montgomery composition, quite good.

See if you can get your hands on one. I'm sure Shaun should be able to dig one up from somewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
Re: OZ Deposits

eltel said:
Basil, I lodged $500 deposit for my 'S' in Nov, and I suspect that the dealer wants either $500 or $1500 more when taking the build order in March/April.

Regards ElTel

PS The MINI CD is 5 tracks, 4 contempory (not bad), and one early George Benson playing a Wes Montgomery composition, quite good.

See if you can get your hands on one. I'm sure Shaun should be able to dig one up from somewhere.
Ahhh....music CD..... thought it was a Data one...nevermind.

$500 huh. Boy did us Brisbane Boys and Girls get ripped on that score......never mind.

regards to you too eltel. Always so polite

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
G'day fellas,

Thought it was time to register and show my support for you fellow Aussies. For your information, he's my status:

Paid the $1000 deposit for my Cooper S in December. Got the Mini Christmas card, but no model. Scored the Mini 'Attracts' CD a fortnight ago, but as yet no sign of any calendar.

Been told that I'll (we'll) get a drive of a demo 'S' sometime in April...

Look forward to speaking with you guys more in the future...
 

·
MINIstry of Fun
Joined
·
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome aboard, Rosey.

Glad that you made yourself known to us during these exciting times waiting for the Magic Carpet Ride.

Regards, ElTel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
Rosey said:
G'day fellas,

Thought it was time to register and show my support for you fellow Aussies. For your information, he's my status:

Paid the $1000 deposit for my Cooper S in December. Got the Mini Christmas card, but no model. Scored the Mini 'Attracts' CD a fortnight ago, but as yet no sign of any calendar.

Been told that I'll (we'll) get a drive of a demo 'S' sometime in April...

Look forward to speaking with you guys more in the future...
Hi Rosie (i'm an ex pat) but i'll accept your support anyway :)

Picked up the calendar this morning......it's HUGE !!!.....maybe the MINI people are just being clever. Sorry you missed out on your model, they're great.

Glad everyone's info seems to be the same on the DEMO S dates. Should get a Cooper drive early March.

Have you decided on colour yet by the way ?

cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Basil, EITel,

Thanks for the replies guys, it's great to speak to people who also have to endure this (exciting?) waiting game.

Yep, I've decided on the colour etc. As hot as the Dark Silver looks, I'm sticking with the traditional Red/White Roof/Racing Stripes. (My Dad used to have that combo back in th 60's...). I was originally considering BRG until I found out it was metallic! (...can't work out why they've done that?) I'll be getting the silver 17"S-spokes - they're a mandatory!

As far as 'extras' are concerned, the only two that I'm interested in are the Xenon lights and the Harmon Kardon Sound System (although the CD player in the Cooper still sounds pretty good). However I should mention that I will be opting for the 150kW/200BHP 'Works' conversion along with suspension and brake upgrades (figure the little firecracker will need them!). I'm on JCW Mailing List and they should be realising all the facts and figures sometime in February. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything.

Now, I have a question for you guys... What do you reckon the chances are of seeing a Cooper S at the Melbourne Motor Show in March would be? Surely BMW Australia could manage to get their hands on at least one...

Rosey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Rosey,

Glad your here. As for the Melbourne Motor Show my dealer informed me that there will be two there Electric Blue and Dark Silver. Might see you there, I'll be the one sitting in the car!!!!

If anyone eles is going to the Melbourne Motor show how about catching up there?

Andy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
S specs - late next week

Dealer called me today.

Cooper S spec & options cost for build sheets will be with the dealers late next week !!!.


:)
 

·
MINIstry of Fun
Joined
·
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MINICS and Rosey,

Last year MINI were good enough to send me two tickets to the Melbourne Motor Show, I hope that they are good enough to repeat that gesture this year, and also hope that the 'S' is there. I mean really apart from the MINI, BMW, Ferrari stands why else do you go. The Toyota, Mazda, Ford, Holden, Peugeot, etc. are all boring and pathetic. Mitsubishi was different last year, and certainly Honda and Rover are worth looking at, but otherwise it's an expensive (unless free tickets appear) day out.

They MUST have an 'S' there!!! (Preferably yellow/white and whatever colours you guys have chosen as well.)

I'd be glad to meet up with list subscribers (hint to other listeners out there, do what Rosey did and look how much fun he/she is having), name a date, preferably not the GP weekend.

Rosey, M/F?

Regards, ElTel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
"MALE... Burp, Fart, Grunt." (Hope my 'S' lounds like that too!). Just to clarify; Surname = Rose. Nickname = Rosey. :D

Thanks also to Andy for the well wishes and Motor Show info. Fingers crossed hey ?!

Happy to meet up with other Aussie 'S' die-hards at the Show - let's see if we're sent tickets, before we confirm a date...

Basil, great news about the Aussie specs arriving next week. I hope to receive 'that' call from my dealer very soon.

Rosey (Burp, Fart, Grunt)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Is everyone free to meet up at the show on Sunday 10 March???


Andy
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top