MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Birthday, Rico.
I didn't know you were such a young pup!
Cheers. I'll have a frosty one in your honor this evening:)

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AprilWhine said:
Happy Birthday!

I can't beileve CCM put "smeg head" in a thread title! :D
It's his official title! If he hadn't written it first I swear I wouldn't have taken such liberties;)

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Mr. Etch-a-Sketch

Happy Day. In theory we could blame you for all the bakering that has been happening since 'twas you who designed that nefarious wacked EKG-like design. Anyway, have a great day, we miss you right!. Plenty of room on the Hudson Bay trip.

·
puckstopper
4,260 Posts
Thanks, all you little smegheads and gimboids! Life has been dopey busy of late, both in and out of work (and worktime is my #1 browsing-posting time), tearing me away from my beloved MINI2. End of the quarter and all that jazz at work, plus last weekend was the season opener for college hockey, my own hockey playing habit has blossomed to twice a week, Red Sox games to watch into the small hours of the night (thanks, TV planning idiots), the birthday thing means I've had to do birthday dinner type thingies with a few different audiences (not that I'd ever complain about that), I'm trying to get my place scraped together for an imminent condowarming thing, blah blah blah. Let's see, any other excuses I can think of? Nah, that'll do. It's been a busy week. As a friend of mine once said, I feel like an epileptic in a strobe light factory. Perhaps not the most PC of expressions, but it about sums it up. But I'll be better, honest I will! I've still got a bucketload of pictures from the British Invasion to post somewhere, then there's the highland games pics from the following weekend. And just because it amuses me to no end, I've attached a couple photos of a Triumph TR-7 that is sporting one of those multi-chromatic color-shifting paint jobs which is probably worth more than the car it's sprayed onto.

Anyhow, I'm another year older now, theoretically another year more mature (hah, fat chance). Started noticing the occasional gray hair in the goatee this summer (how does that "just for men" crap work?). Also joined the wonderful world of mortgage payers this year, because having a car payment and a student loan payment that's as big as my car payment just wasn't exciting enough for me, all the extra money that was piling up kept p*ssing me off. I think the home-search and the gray goatee hairs are related. Oh well.

Cod- I'm glad that, at least in some circles, 31 still qualifies me as a young pup. I was at a UVM hockey game this evening, and mingling about with all the college-age co-eds made me feel about a thousand years old. I swear, the frosh all look like they are about 12 years old. No way I looked that young when I was thier age. I felt like I oughta go to jail just for what I was thinking. But hey, we kicked Sacred Heart's sacred ass 6-0, so I'm happy.

Snid- Mom's purple haze convertible is due at the dealer on 10/9, according to the Owners Lounge. She'll probably be collecting it next week. Which would be timely, as my service counter says I'm about 500 miles from my next service point. Taking name suggestions now for the convertible, by the way.

JCS- Can I get a "MINIs On Top 2005" mug embroidered with the EKG on it?

-Ricardo

Attachments

·
puckstopper
4,260 Posts
jcsinnh said:
I'm working on that as we speak, chat, browse, whatever. Of course it will be in yellow or 2005 green. When does UVM play Midd?
Whenever Middlebury finally decides to stop screwing around in Division III and move up to Division I (not that huge a leap, given that Division II no longer actually exists)! Back in the misty sands of time, UVM used to play Middlebury a lot (especially back in the early to mid 70s before UVM moved up to D1), but these days the powers that be don't encourage cross-division match ups, especially because they are horrible for your team's "strength of schedule" rating (as well as your conference's rating). As such, the regular "for state pride" grudge matches UVM used to play against Middlebury and Norwich came to an end about 12 years ago, UVM and the Middlebury BlueBloods haven't played since December 1992 (a 7-3 UVM win). All time, UVM is 29-11-1 against Middlebury...

-Ricardo

PS: I am a font of useless knowledge.

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Well, I kinda agree. When my daughter started there, she went to a ski team meeting since she had been highly ranked in NE HS skiing. The phone call, in tears, was that she would not have made the C team if there was one since skiing is Midd's only Div. I sport and TECHNICALLY the only one they can recruit for with scholarships. You will note that I am naive but not that naive.

I do think that, in recent years, Midd has had a team good enough w/o official free-riders to compete with UVM or UNH or Maine, etc. They should just play for charity or something somehow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.