MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would just like to say that Scotthall Hampshire MINI are really really really lovely people and very helpful. I've had a fun time sorting out my MINI - just have to wait until September now to pick it up! Lots of kisses to them xxxx

·
1xCooper & 2xClubmans...
155 Posts
Scotthall Hampshire - okay so far...

:red:
I too have bought my Coops from Scotthall, and have found them to be friendly and helpful. I am a really impatient buyer, so waiting for nearly 3 months has nigh-on killed me! Felt quite bad because I initially went in and spoke to Sian, but then when we actually decided to buy it, she was off, so we ended up dealing with Simon... Both lovely people to deal with, and helpful if they had the answer. They don't even seem to be getting TOO annoyed with my constant phonecalls(!) ;) However, not too happy about not being able to test a new 04/05 MY - I wanted to test the new gearbox, but they STILL haven't got a new model Cooper on fleet yet! :(

Still, only have to wait until Tuesday next week, and all will be happy (I hope!). :cool:

Here's hoping that the aftersales service is better than my current dealer (Hendy Ford) - great service while I was buying, but after that they really sucked! Noone answers the phone, no courtesy car during warranty repairs etc etc! At least Scotthall don't have a lot to beat! :p
:red:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it wasn't just me with constant phone calls....!!!

I have been told I was the worst customer they've ever had in terms of my over-excitement at the tiniest thing! Ah well, nice to be remembered for something ha ha ha ha!

·
1xCooper & 2xClubmans...
155 Posts
Spoke too soon...

:eek: Looks likes I opened my big mouth way too soon.

I know it's not all Scotthall's fault, but Saturday I phoned to check everything was okay, and arrange to drop off the insurance certificate for the Tax - an hour later Simon calls back to tell me that 'Gismo' is parked in a garage in Doncaster! :confused:

Collection tomorrow is completely off the cards - looking at Thursday earliest. Still waiting to hear from Simon now as to what I'm going to be driving between tomorrow and whenever it arrives - I deliver my old car to it's new ower at 1700 tonight, leaving me without wheels! :eek:

Not a happy bunny :(

·
1xCooper & 2xClubmans...
155 Posts
Update

:red: They're going back up in my estimations again...

Scotthall have done pretty everything I think they can now that know the car is in the wrong place at the wrong time - ended up being left at some de-waxing plant in Doncaster (?). But now they hope to still meet the original pick up of this afternoon - it'd be great if they could, but I kinda hope that they'll still do a decent enough job on the prep and Pre-Delivery Checks. Na, I'm sure they will ;)

However, they have offered me a loaner if mine isn't ready on time, so despite being car-less at this precise moment in time, I should have wheels by the COP today! :p

At least they're trying hard - just not sure why they didn't notice when the car hadn't arrived at the dealership last Thursday when it should have done... :confused:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How did you get on...? Did you get your car? or any car???

Oh and by the way... they all read the threads on mini2.

·
1xCooper & 2xClubmans...
155 Posts
It's Heeerrrreeee!!!!

Well after my worries mine (yes, mine!) arrived on time yesterday evening - Scotthall have pushed sooooo hard to make everything happen on time - I am seriously impressed with their recovery from the inital delivery delay (which was not of their doing).

The car is sooooo cool! :D I had to drive it 150 miles this morning for work, and it was soooo much fun! I'm still grinning! (I'm also taking the afternoon off to go and clean Gismo - that brake dust gets eveywhere, and that's only during the run-in period - imagine what it'll be like when I can really drive it :eek: ;) )

Thanks go to all at Scotthall Mini (especially Simon) for making my life so happy for the past few months - what am I going to do with time now I'm not flicking through brochure after brochure? Oh, that's it - DRIVING! :D :red:

I'd recommend them if anyone in the South is looking to buy a MINI.

P.S. I thought they might read these forums - cheers for the heads-up Leila. Happy Mini'ing! :) BTW have you got yours yet?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep I have got mine.. had it for just over 2 weeks now. I never knew driving a mini would be so much fun!!!

·
1xCooper & 2xClubmans...
155 Posts
Wow!

That is one gorgeous car! ;) Nice colour choice - bet you're glad that the sun's come back a bit this week! :p Been down at the Boat Show this week and seen quite a few MC's, MCS's and MC cabrios in the car park at West Quay, but no MCS Cabrio's yet.

Having a read through that thread, I think you were lucky to get a flash from another MINI driver down here - I don't seem to get any response to my happy flashes and waves! :confused:

I'll make sure I give a big cheery smile and a wave if I see yours though! :D

Enjoy the last of the late summer sun - happy washing!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for the compliments!

The flash I got was actually by Fleet services on the M3 - haven't had much luck round here at all - although yesterday was quite a fun day, managed to get two waves - yayyyy. Seemed to be a mini-fest, think I saw about 15 minis whilst sat in traffic around the boat show, west quay and on the way out to the motorway.

I was filling up with petrol this morning and the guy the other side of the pump asked whether my car was as fun to drive as it looks. Needless to say I've been grinning for the rest of the day!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
2 Participants
leila
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing