MINI Cooper Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Any idea if any dealers have this on demo?
I have deafened myself enough with my current ICE setup to require more horsepower!

Is this advertised in any of the brochures?

J.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: Re: Mini Sound Module

ELISEBOY said:

Balrog - thanks for this, first person i have heard to have installed it and many people have been waiting for this

Welcome to MINI2 as well :D :D
Well....Someone has to be the first one! :D

Thanks for the welcome. :)

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
Welcome to Mini2 Balrog!

Did you fit it yourself or get the dealer to do it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Martin L said:
Welcome to Mini2 Balrog!

Did you fit it yourself or get the dealer to do it?
First I wanted to fit it on my own, but when I read that the amplifiere hast to be mounted behind the speedometer I decided that someone more experienced should fit the system.

Then I took the whole package and my car to my local car hifi dealer who fitted the system in about 3 hours.

Take Care,
Balrog

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
Balrog said:
First I wanted to fit it on my own, but when I read that the amplifiere hast to be mounted behind the speedometer I decided that someone more experienced should fit the system.

Then I took the whole package and my car to my local car hifi dealer who fitted the system in about 3 hours.
:eek: Three hours at a BMW garage will add at least £150 to the bill...
Oh please release the HK soon so I don't have the quandry :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
The price was also the reason why I took the car to my local car hifi dealer and not to a BMW garage.

I paid 123 € for 3 hours of work.

And I think that those "specialized" guys do their work much better than the guys at BMW, who are not that familiar with Car hifi.

Take Care,
Balrog:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

I bought the standard hifi system together with the boost headunit, when I ordered my cooper.

Then a few weeks ago I decided to upgrade with the sound module, which is available for both the Wave headunit and for boost.
You just have to tell your dealer that there are two versions of the module. As far as I know the module for wave is a little bit cheaper than the boost version. But I don´t know about the differences.

An experienced car hifi dealer should be able to fit the amplifier and change the speakers without a problem, and imho they do their work much better and cheaper than the guys at BMW!

Take Care,
Balrog
:)

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Balrog said:
Then a few weeks ago I decided to upgrade with the sound module, which is available for both the Wave headunit and for boost.
Cool:cool:

Which kit did you get BOOST or WAVE?

What did the kit consist of?

Does it sound much better?

Cheers;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
@LMB: Sorry for my late reply, but I had some problems with my internet connection.:(

I got the boost kit, because I also got the boost radio.
Don´t know if it is possible to order the wave kit for the boost head unit?!?

The set comes wit a small amplifier with 4x70 watts, which is imho enough to fill a small car like the mini with loud music.

I also got 6 new speakers which replace the standard speakers which came with the basic configuration.
The difference is that the "build quality" of the new speakers is much better than the standard system. And another important point is that the 6x9 rearspeakers are now a coaxial (don´t know if this is the right englisch word??) system, which means that there is an additional tweeter mounted on the speakers.

And finally: YES, it improves the quality of the sound.
You get a much better bass performance and the highs are also very clear. And you definitely notice that there are now 70 watts available for each speaker system.
It is not a system which allows you to shake the earth with pure bass power, but you can turn the volume VERY loud and still have a good sound quality.

The only problem is that there is a "hissing" from the speaker system when now music is played. Guess the reason for this is the amplifier. But you would never notice it when listening to music while driving.
:)

61 - 72 of 72 Posts