MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Convertible adventurer
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHat does your £350 get you when opting for the harmon kardon setup??
Please could someone advise? thanks :blblack:

·
Premium Member
7,989 Posts
You get more volume and loads more clarity - and a few gadgety sound "modes" like Spatial and Electronic.

Downside - harder to upgrade if you want to change head unit, amp or speakers.

The advise is always - get your favourite music and listen to an HK system at your dealership. Compare with non-HK. If you think HK is perfect, get it. If you think you might want even more, start with the basic system and go aftermarket.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have it and absolutely adore it. The only downside are raddles in the door panels, which could be easily fix by yourself or the dealer. Cheers

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
Specifically, you get a separate amplifer, (vs the one inside the head unit with Boost) and you get different speakers for all of them.

That's the hardware differences. GBMINI explained the sound differences, not sure which you were looking for.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It all depends on what you want. I have it, or should I say had it, and am currently going threw and replacing it. I guess it's pretty good for the money but there is deffinately better sounding stuff out there. Oh and if you do replace the head unit on an HK mini and keep the factory amp then be prepared for the floor noise. Lost me 2 points in my last SQL contest.

T

·
0 Posts
droptopmini said:
WHat does your £350 get you when opting for the harmon kardon setup??
Please could someone advise? thanks :blblack:
it gets u a hell of a system!!! cop it!!! - miss it - miss out!!! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts