MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I have always been a big fan of the MINI car. I saw a piece on a television show about them and I fell in love with them. I am now 16 and I am starting that rocky trail to becomming a full fledged driver. Our family is probably going to get another car because my parents always use their cars. I wrote down a few ideas and then I saw in my email box the pricing information. Being part of the BWM group my father thought the price of the new MINI would be very high, in the 35k+ range (US). 19K seems pretty reasonable for a new MINI Cooper S though. I may just get one :). I have to wait for our local dealer to open up though. I had a few questions to ask since we don't have a dealer yet:

1) I am almost 6'. Will I have enough room in a MINI?
2) Are they pretty safe? My father seems to think they aren't. And what are some of the safty features I can show off? :p
pictures of the New MINI Coopers? When I did a search I only came up for results of the older models.
3) Do you find them different to drive that any other car?
4) Does size really matter? :)
5) Is it weird having the speedometer in the middle of the dash board?
6) What can I do to customize my sound system? Music is very importaint to me. I use CDs, Minidiscs, and the radio. Is there something I can buy that contains all 3 media? I'm also NOT intrested in filling up the back with speakers.
7) Why do people love these cars so much?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I appreciate all responses. Feel free to comment about anything also or ever tips on selling my parents on this :).

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
6 Feet: The new Mini is a big little car, so 6 feet no problem.

Safety: It has a multitude of saftey features as standard, air bags, abs, ebd and much more + more can be added, so yeh I would say the new Mini is a safe car.

ICE: sorry don't know much, front speakers are 5.5" and rears 6x9; plenty of scope in the mini to add ICE though.

Go visit www.miniusa.com and have a good read. Not only is it an exellent site, it will answer your questions in more detail.

The new Mini is brilliant to drive, go take your dad for test drive. You'll won't be able to stop him buying one.

Welcome to Mini2:)

LMB:D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well ofcourse I've been to www.miniusa.com...

Oh yea, what ICE stand for? I know it has to do with the interior.

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
LMB said:

Enough of your sarcastic comments young man. I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence:rolleyes:

As for ICE it is slang for car sound systems.

LMB:cool:

ICE = In Car Entertainment, I believe.

An acronym, not slang.

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
jodathmorr said:
Hi there. I have always been a big fan of the MINI car. I saw a piece on a television show about them and I fell in love with them. I am now 16 and I am starting that rocky trail to becomming a full fledged driver. Our family is probably going to get another car because my parents always use their cars. I wrote down a few ideas and then I saw in my email box the pricing information. Being part of the BWM group my father thought the price of the new MINI would be very high, in the 35k+ range (US). 19K seems pretty reasonable for a new MINI Cooper S though. I may just get one :). I have to wait for our local dealer to open up though. I had a few questions to ask since we don't have a dealer yet:

1) I am almost 6'. Will I have enough room in a MINI?
[/B}

I'm 6ft, and it's a very comfortable fit for the driver.

[B}
2) Are they pretty safe? My father seems to think they aren't. And what are some of the safty features I can show off? :p
[/B}
Very safe, class leading for a small car. However they rate quite low on pedestrian impact. So dont run anyone over.

[B}
pictures of the New MINI Coopers? When I did a search I only came up for results of the older models.
[/B}
The gallery is full of them.

[B}
3) Do you find them different to drive that any other car?
[/B}
Yes, better than any other small car I've driven, and more fun than most larger ones.

[B}
4) Does size really matter? :)
[/B}
I think you need the 'health matters' forum for that. ;)

[B}
5) Is it weird having the speedometer in the middle of the dash board?
[/B}
I didn't find it difficult, but at 6' tall I have to take my eyes off the road to look at the speedo in most cars, so it's no different, just look left instead of down.

[B}
6) What can I do to customize my sound system? Music is very importaint to me. I use CDs, Minidiscs, and the radio. Is there something I can buy that contains all 3 media? I'm also NOT intrested in filling up the back with speakers.
[/B}
Check out the interior and ice section.

[B}
7) Why do people love these cars so much?
[/B}
Go find one, and even better, take one for a spin. Speaks for itself in my view.

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
jodathmorr said:
What can I do to customize my sound system? Music is very importaint to me. I use CDs, Minidiscs, and the radio. Is there something I can buy that contains all 3 media? I'm also NOT intrested in filling up the back with speakers.
Order the MINI with the Minidisk/Radio head unit, boost option and the CD autochanger in the boot. MINI also do a MINI Sound Module as an option. I think this upgrades the rear speakers and includes a small amp to power them.

·
puckstopper
4,260 Posts
Re: Re: Harro! (First Post)

R1 said:

Order the MINI with the Minidisk/Radio head unit, boost option and the CD autochanger in the boot. MINI also do a MINI Sound Module as an option. I think this upgrades the rear speakers and includes a small amp to power them.
No such options in the U.S. (which is where jodathmorr is posting from). Standard unit is a single disc CD player with a 6 speaker system, cassette instead of CD is a no-cost option, and the Harmon Kardon 8 speaker CD set up is the only other option. Maybe something else will be in the as-yet-unseen U.S. accessories catalog, and I'm sure there will be aftermarket options, but so far, no dice on the MiniDisk stateside...

-Ricardo

·
Enjoying Married Life!
501 Posts
Hello!

On the subject of ice. What I would suggest is to fit a SONY or similar CD/Radio head unit which has an output for a MD changer which can be fitted in the boot. You could also go for the MD/Radio headunit with a CD Changer which will probably be the cheaper option. Check with your Audio store or SONYs website as to the different models available.

I would take the most basic system that you can from the MINI dealer because aftermarket prices will be half what the dealer will charge you. The only exception would be if you wanted to go for the Harmon Kardon amp and speaker set up from the dealer and then chuck your own gear in.

The plug on the back of the MINI head unit which connects it up to power, speakers etc should be the same as the latest BMWs but best check with the store that fits the stuff.

Hope that helps.

NC - BUY BIG WHEELS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts