MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
a.k.a Handsome Rob
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Some ******* ass, punk ass ***** has taken a screw driver to the boot of my MINI and stole the emblem off the rear. I now know there are two holes that hold it on. My question is, does it snap into place or is it held on by screws? Does anybody know how much they cost? Has this happened to anybody before? Thanks in advance for your help.
Tavis1 :red:

·
a.k.a Handsome Rob
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
scooperman_uk said:
sorry to hear about it, i think its an expander pin that holds it in place. In the UK its quite common for kids to steal the badges.. any damage to the paintwork
No damage to the paint work. What is an expander pin?

·
Whatev.
2,878 Posts
I had mine stolen back in June but they didn't use a screwdriver - they just pulled it off. It is only held on by the pins and some double sided tape stuff.

Replacement cost me about $60 Australian (!!!!!) and because I am an idiot and didn't think at the time, I asked the dealer to stick a new one on for me when it went in for service - they also charged me $25 to fit it and they stuck it on crooked. (yes, that is $25 for 30 seconds work)

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
Don't see the market for car badges. What are you gonna do, throw 'em in your drawer? Put them on your mantleplace? :rolleyes: Maybe a gang thing...who knows...

·
MINI2 Regular
124 Posts
:mad: :mad: :mad:

If it isn't the dust caps it's the badges..if it's not the badges it's the car. Not had my badge stolen yet but I've had countless dust caps nicked. :rolleyes:

·
a.k.a Handsome Rob
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys and gals for the support. I don't know what they use them for. Back in the 80's the hip hop rappers used to wear VW emblems. I pity the fool if I see them wearing a MINI emblem. I know they didn't get it from a dealer (closest one is two hours away) and whether or not it came from my MINI they will wish they were never born. I can't imagine them selling on Ebay because I imagine they break the pins off when they pry on them. ****ing punks! I get ****ed every time I see her rear and there's nothing left but two holes. The new one sounds like it just pops in place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts