MINI Cooper Forum banner

Has anyone actually changed their exhaust?

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  LMB 
#1 ·
I've read lots about aftermarket exhausts but has anyone actually got one fitted?

I've spoken to loads of companies who say something may be available soon but surely someone has an option available now.

#2 ·
Yes we have had an exhaust available for some time now - its stainless and costs £140.00 for the side exit with 4" tailpipe. Centre exit is £200.00.

I have been running various exhausts since July, with varying results - it appears that BMW did a great job designing the exhaust as simply bolting on a freer one does not give more power, but less - so watch out.

Our works and is considerably lighter than the BMW one.

For more details phone Autofashion on 01263 -768824 or visit our site at www.autofashion.co.uk.

#3 · (Edited)
Or click below to go straight to the BMW MINI Page:

http://www.autofashion.co.uk./bmw_mini_kit.htm

Do have any better pics of the side exit exhaust? What are the power gains for your side exit exhaust, if any?

What does it sound like? And will it fit into the hole in the rear bumper without any cutting?

Thanks
Minty

#4 ·
Better pics will be posted on the site when the new batch of exhausts is delivered within the next few days.

The exhaust sounds quite a bit louder (the standard car is incredibly quiet - which is understandable when you look at the picture of the one we cut open), but without being over the top - although this is very much something for personal opinion.

We have in fact now made up 6 prototypes for the side exit exhaust before we were happy with the sound, and rolling road testing.

The exhaust has no real effect upon the actual peak power of the car, although improvements to low down torque were what we really were concentrating on, as this is what we felt from driving the car it needed most.

They also save a considerable ammount of weight as the BMW item weights a ton!

#5 ·
I am imprest with the people at Autofashion. I sent an email today (sunday) to ask about the possible loss of warranty when replacing the exhaust, this is the prompt reply:

My understanding of European Law, and a conversation with BMW HQ by telephone has indicated that fitting of aftermarket parts will invalidate the waranty on that part alone. i.e. if you fit an exhaust then they will not waranty the original exhaust, and that they are not allowed to invalidate any other parts of the waranty.

We are currently awaiting a written response from BMW on the subject. This limited invalidation is only fair to BMW and to the customer. Further details will be posted on the website once we have them.

Phil.

Please visit our website at www.autofashion.co.uk
Email to Sales@Autofashion.co.uk or Telephone (01263) 768824.

Please send copies of previous emails with correspondence.
Prices Quoted in Euros are valid for 24 hours only, and may be subject to
fluctuation.

A very prompt response, thank you!

Lets hope BMW HQ Confirm in writing soon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.